How to replace DRL Bulb?

This is a discussion on How to replace DRL Bulb? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I searched for a while for this but I couldn't really find an answer. How do you replace the DRL ...

How to replace DRL Bulb?

I searched for a while for this but I couldn't really find an answer.

How do you replace the DRL bulb? The one on the driver's side is out and it looks kind of dumb. I bought bulbs from AutoZone earlier this afternoon but I could not for the life of me figure out how to get to the socket.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If your car is in your avatar, there is no dedicated DRL bulb. The DRLs use the 9007 dipped beam filaments in the head light housing itself.

In any case, it doesn't matter which bulb you've bought to replace, as long as the bulb you've bought is equivalent to a bulb that's in your headlamps somewhere (parking, headlight, clearance, whatever). Either you can reach the bulb from the back, or you can't. If you can't, the owner's manual explains how to remove the headlamp -- it's simple and only takes a few moments. You'll then have access to all the bulbs.

Since you say you can't reach the bulb, I suspect it's the white clearance lamp you're referring to.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    If your car is in your avatar, there is no dedicated DRL bulb. The DRLs use the 9007 dipped beam filaments in the head light housing itself.

In any case, it doesn't matter which bulb you've bought to replace, as long as the bulb you've bought is equivalent to a bulb that's in your headlamps somewhere (parking, headlight, clearance, whatever). Either you can reach the bulb from the back, or you can't. If you can't, the owner's manual explains how to remove the headlamp -- it's simple and only takes a few moments. You'll then have access to all the bulbs.

Since you say you can't reach the bulb, I suspect it's the white clearance lamp you're referring to.
    Yea, the little one below the turn signal. I though that was the "DRL" but, eh, w/e. From what I could tell, I can't reach it. I'll have to investigate further tomorrow but until then, I guess I'll search around some more for how to remove the head light housing.

Thanks
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

What was solution

I've got the same light out. How did you resolve it? Did you pop the whole light assembly out?

Thanks,

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Commuterrex View Post
    I've got the same light out. How did you resolve it? Did you pop the whole light assembly out?

Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    ... the owner's manual explains how to remove the headlamp -- it's simple and only takes a few moments. You'll then have access to all the bulbs.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.