CEL P0108 Manifold Absolute Pressure High Input
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on CEL P0108 Manifold Absolute Pressure High Input within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Help!!! sorry also new to posting... Have finally managed to pull my code via scannet and a laptop and it ...

CEL P0108 Manifold Absolute Pressure High Input

Help!!!
    sorry also new to posting...

Have finally managed to pull my code via scannet and a laptop and it reads P0108 Manifold Absolute Pressure High Input

Symtom is that when under boost, the car cuts out abruptly, and then continues ok if the pedal is eased off - if the pedal is held down, it will accelarete under boosts briefly, before cutting out again etc. (very embarassing when trying to ovetake...)

-Subaru dealer have already replaced my MAP sensor.

-I assum this not to be electrical, as it is only under boost that this seems to occur?

Questions i then ask:

-Could this be an air leak?

-What is the best way to check for leak/s?

-WHERE specifically do I check for air leak/s?

sorry i am a novice diy and have very little idea of my engine
    any pics or detailed places to check would be greatly appreciated - or is there too many places to post pics?

Thank you all so much in advance.

RexDownUnda

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Anyone?

Anyone have any idea/s at all?

Forgot to mention...

The engine is stock - no mods at all'

Not one for us amatuers....

I thought this one was a little more complicated for us amatuers to try and diagnose / fix...

Just thought someone might have some advice on how to check for pressure leaks (or most common places for a leak)
    You really would have to know the workings of a WRX engine to be able to point these out. Very complex I must agree !!

Oh well ' Alas - I tried'

Smile Fixed!!!

Ok guys n gals,

Ok - this is the trick for a P0108 sensor code error :

This usually occurs when a high voltage is detected in the MAP sensor. High voltage means either the sensor is kaput, or a high volume of air is passing the MAP sensor. In my case was a high volume of air, as my MAP sensor has already been replaced.

What I foud was 2 leaks in the intake, and 1 in the vacuum.
    Fixed these, with replacement hoses, and now I can launch again !! No cut outs, no P0108 CEL light... !!

Oh man I am happy - Have had this issue for 6 months + now!!!

Yipeeeeeeee!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.