What problems occured at what mileage?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on What problems occured at what mileage? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Recently got into the Suby World, lookin to anticipate any problems on the upcomming road...what problems, at what mileage did ...

What problems occured at what mileage?

Recently got into the Suby World, lookin to anticipate any problems on the upcomming road...what problems, at what mileage did u face?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I had a center diff go out at about 98,000, but it doesn't seem too common. I probably just didn't rotate my tires enough (and I'm sure the donuts didn't help either). Also my a/c compressor was starting to get weak. But being in Texas I used it about 10 months a year for six years..

Stock clutch can wear out, but that's all about how you drive the car.

I don't know about over 100,000 miles, but over all the reliability seems really good.

(I have gone through two OEM subwoffers, those things are a piece)

Main, what were you noticing when your center diff went out. Whenever I make a sharp turn at slow speeds, my car clunks and jerks. Soulnds like its coming from the axle, but no clicking or grease.

02 wagon- does the car feel like it binds up?....if so check your trans fluid level and condition.....if i hasnt been changed change it....how many miles are on the car?...are you religious when it comes to checking tire pressures?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 02Wagon View Post
    Main, what were you noticing when your center diff went out. Whenever I make a sharp turn at slow speeds, my car clunks and jerks. Soulnds like its coming from the axle, but no clicking or grease.

Pretty much what you are describing. It wouldn't do it right off the bat, but after it got heated up from driving 40 miles or more it would feel like the drive train was binding up when making sharp turns at low speed.

I Support ClubWRX
    Up too 200k, absolutely no problems at all, except an a/c hose needed to be replaced.
    Just recently, at about 205,000, I had to replace the passenger side front axle for a bad CV joint, and I will have to re-replace my timing belt because of a tensioner pulley failure.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

I have 143k on the whole car. I had the clutch changed at 130k, and I just took it in to get the axles checked and was told that they're good. They told me it could be my center diff. When I first bought the car it had 54k on it and was pretty hard on the car since I had never had an AWD vehicle before. I've did one medium rpm clutch drop when i first bought it but haven't done one since. That was three years ago. This problem just recently occured about 3 weeks ago and every shop I've taken it too have not been very helpful. I just changed my transmission fluid and I am very religious about my tire rotations, checking the pressures and keeping all my fluids up to par. It feels fine when i go straight but it does feel like it binds when making sharp low speed turns.

I will need to get a new throwout bearing (75K), then a new clutch will be installed.

No problems yet. 106k. Clutch is gettin weak, but it's still holding pretty good. I've been stage 2 for about 42k now and most of the 57k i've put on the car since i got it has been freeway. I'm not easy on it though. I've done only half a dozen launches since i've owned it. Probably once i change my clutch the tranny's gonna take a poo... ::knocks on wood::

Edit: Oh and no tire rotations on tires w/ 35k miles on them.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.