O2 Sensor :(
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on O2 Sensor :( within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey! So, I just bought my WRX two months ago and.. yay the O2 sensor needs to be replaced. Sooo, ...

O2 Sensor :(

Hey! So, I just bought my WRX two months ago and.. yay the O2 sensor needs to be replaced. Sooo, if anyone has time to give me some good instructions on how to replace the o2 sensor on a 2006 I would be soooooo happy!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    Front or rear?

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    Front or rear?
    Its the one in the downpipe.. so I think it's the front one.

DUB
    That would be the rear o2 sensor, the front one is located in the passenger side exhaust manifold.

The rear one is not tough to get to. Just crawl under the car, you will see it sticking out of the mid pipe near the cat. You can either unplug it and remove it from the pipe, or if you wish, you can unbolt the who mid pipe and replace the sensor out from underneath the car.

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    That would be the rear o2 sensor, the front one is located in the passenger side exhaust manifold.

The rear one is not tough to get to. Just crawl under the car, you will see it sticking out of the mid pipe near the cat. You can either unplug it and remove it from the pipe, or if you wish, you can unbolt the who mid pipe and replace the sensor out from underneath the car.

Awesome.. that sounds easier then paying the 500 bucks Subaru wanted me to pay to have them replace it. I actually cant remember if its the front or rear. Its on the paper which is at home.. what if it is the front one?? its just harder to get to but its the same process right??

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i responded with a tutorial in the other thread you made. dont know if it will help or not.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe you can save some time and effort first -- what happened that led Subaru to believe that either O2 sensor needs replacement? Was there a CEL? If so, what was the code (as in, "POxxx" and we need to know the xxx values)?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Maybe you can save some time and effort first -- what happened that led Subaru to believe that either O2 sensor needs replacement? Was there a CEL? If so, what was the code (as in, "POxxx" and we need to know the xxx values)?
    The engine light went on, so i took it to Subaru and they said it needs to be replaced. Where would I get this number?

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by killakelli View Post
    what if it is the front one?? its just harder to get to but its the same process right??
    Yes, same process, just a little more work to get too.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    i responded with a tutorial in the other thread you made. dont know if it will help or not.
    Here it is again:

Oxygen Sensor removal (02 Sensor) - ScoobyMods

You should go ahead and just delete your other thread now (not sure why you posted it twice in the first place?). Thread tools > delete thread under moderation tools.

Good thinking.

I Support ClubWRX
    On the mainland, autoparts stores read the codes for free. Do you have an Autozone around?
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

On the mainland, autoparts stores read the codes for free. Do you have an Autozone around?

Would Subaru have it since I took it there??

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by killakelli View Post
    Would Subaru have it since I took it there??
    Maybe. If they created a service ticket for your car, you may be able to call and they can look it up. Otherwise, the tech probably just read the code and cleared it.

Try and find someplace near you where you can get the code read for free. There aren't any autozone's on the island, but there are a couple Checker Auto Parts near you. Call and see if they will do it. Also, some of the nicer independent mechanics will do it for you.

If I were you, I would drive around until the CEL comes back on, have it read and report back here with the code. We may be able to help you with some trouble shooting steps.

I Support ClubWRX
    They certainly had it at one point. Maybe there's a note of it, it might be worth asking for the specific CEL code.

Alright Awesome. I will see if I have it tonight then I will post it. I appreciate all your help from everyone that replied!

The code is PO031... What does that mean????
    Here's the deal -- I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast