O2 Sensor :( - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on O2 Sensor :( within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; "heated oxygen sensor voltage low" read this: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/2012557-post4.html...

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    "heated oxygen sensor voltage low"

read this: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/2012557-post4.html

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It means the current in the front O2 sensor's circuit is out of spec. The first thing in my view to check is the wiring itself. See this thread plus the linked thread within:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hlight=P0031It

Access is from below and to the side and the fender liner will fight you but it's feasible. If it turns out the sensor itself is at fault then I'd advise using a genuine replacement, but either you or any competent mechanic can fit it if you don't like dealer pricing.

All this assumes the car is stock. I am still a little unnerved by an apparent O2 sensor on a 2006 model. Did you check the owner's manual to see how long your emissions component warranty is and what components are covered, by the way?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Mine is reading the same thing. I was told that the o2 sensors have two parts. One does the readings, the other heats the sensor when the engine is cold so it works properly. My mechanic said it was the heating part. Doesn't really effect the way the engine works. But, I (and most of us) hate seeing that CEL come on.

o2 sensor question

po171 system too lean, bank 1...i know their can be a number of things that could be causing this, however i recently started to notice a drop in miles per gallon, i just filled my tank and i went through a quarter of gas already and have only went 50 miles...do these symptoms point at the o2 sensor, or could it still be somthing else...? thanx for the feedback fellas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12