0psi oil pressure

This is a discussion on 0psi oil pressure within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Driving along yesterday on my way home, and I'm cruising at about 80, I get off my exit and stop ...

0psi oil pressure

Driving along yesterday on my way home, and I'm cruising at about 80, I get off my exit and stop at a red light. I notice my oil pressure is reading 0psi. I check my temps, they're ok, nothing is strange about the car other than when idling reading 0psi oil pressure. I go to roll super slow off the line and stall it like a dork, start it back up, and the idle is now reading 20psi. It remained that way until I got home, with regualr driving being in the 60psi range. Checked my oil level and I'm full up. WTF is with the 0psi reading? It's dropped to 5psi before in hot weather at idle, but never 0. Is this a problem?

c/n: idle after highway driving oil pressure at 0psi, drives normal otherwise, not low on oil

PS my oil pressure gauge is tapped at oil galley (i think that's what it's called)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is it an electronic gauge I assume? If so, it's sensor could have just went temporally stupid. Cutting power and turning it back on (i.e. you stalling and restarting the car) typically clears any type of sensor fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    nah i dont have a problem with spelling, i just play a lot of world of warcraft and thats how people type in that game.

Yep, so found out the wiring to the gauge was loose, causing it to be mis-calibrated and drift to 0psi when it should be reading 20psi. Whew, at least there is nothing wrong with my car! Thanks for the advice.