Timing Belt MAybe??? Help Please!!

This is a discussion on Timing Belt MAybe??? Help Please!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My car starts and runs for about a 1/2 a second then dies. I can hit the gas every second ...

Timing Belt MAybe??? Help Please!!

My car starts and runs for about a 1/2 a second then dies. I can hit the gas every second or two and barely keep it alive. Any thoughts out there?? A friend said it could be my timing belt. But I had changed my WRX from a cold air intake to just a short pipe and then the problem started. So I put the cold air intake back on and still the same problem. Maybe it was just bading timing on doing the intake and it really is the timing belt .... Any suggestions???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You either have the maf in backwards or you have a huge leak somewhere in the intake after the maf (letting an enourmous amount of unmetered air in) . Since this happened after you switched from a cold air intake to a short ram, you probably just need to turn the maf sensor around.