Oil pan slosh while hard braking

This is a discussion on Oil pan slosh while hard braking within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The title says it all. 2002 WRX, and I use Mobil 1 in it all the time. Not the synthetic, ...

Oil pan slosh while hard braking

The title says it all. 2002 WRX, and I use Mobil 1 in it all the time. Not the synthetic, as I got it with 36k miles on it, so I figured best not to switch from conventional at that point. So anyway, long story short, recently under hard braking, my oil light comes on. The only thing I can think of is possibly being a little low on oil, and it sloshes past the pump, not letting enough get sent out. When the car sits for a second, or directly accelerating, the light is off. Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pfsquirrel View Post
    The only thing I can think of is possibly being a little low on oil
    So you checked the oil level, yes?
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX
    Umm I dunno how hard you are braking, but no your oil doesn't slosh enough to let the oil light come on. Unless you are ultra low on oil.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    If your oil is at the correct level, suspect a vacuum leak that makes the motor want to stall under hard vacuum (as in, when you stand on the brakes and actuate the brake booster). Oh, and check the pressure sender I suppose.

EDIT: You are NOT using Mobil1. All Mobil1 formulations are synthetics. If you are not using a synthetic, as you say, then you are using some other Mobil product. They come with various labelings and the packages tend to share the battleship gray used on M1 containers, making for a confusing product range.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 08-18-2008 at 07:55 AM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Maybe he meant the Mobil Clean 5000/7500/High Mileage line of products from Mobil.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Sure, those look a lot like the synthetics. Mobil have made it somewhat difficult to figure out quickly what one is actually buying. Works for them, I suppose.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.