Oil leak problem..

This is a discussion on Oil leak problem.. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, I'm hoping someone can help me out with an oil leak problem.. Underneath my car lately has been ...

Oil leak problem..

Hey all, I'm hoping someone can help me out with an oil leak problem..

Underneath my car lately has been extremely oily (not like quarts coming out) but any oil leaking is of course bad. But my buddy that own's a wrx doesn't have the time to come look more into it but he said it is the oil sender.

I own a 04' but has a lot of miles on it for being only 4 year old..do the senders go bad quick or could just be a slip up and need to get it fixed?

I have had this problem for a good week now, and last night it started to smoke while i was driving but nothing too major but something to get my attention.

I was wondering if anyone has had this problem before or knows of this problem. Because I called my closest Subaru dealer (and of course they will over charge and would like to do this myself) but they told me that they have 5-6 different ones to choose from on their computers.

Help anyone?

Thanks..and also, is it harmful to where it can cause damage?
    Last edited by supaarwrx; 08-17-2008 at 05:20 PM.