pressure leak help

This is a discussion on pressure leak help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Today I decide to install pink injector into my wrx. I accidentally take off a screw that locate at the ...

pressure leak help

Today I decide to install pink injector into my wrx. I accidentally take off a screw that locate at the red arrow, all of the sudden I see pressured-air leaking out that hole. I know I did something wrong but is that damage my engine?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User JUSTINSNUTSWINGER's Avatar
    Air leaking out of the hose ? at the connection or ON the hose ? If you can't tell, grab some soapy water and try it that way.

I Support ClubWRX
    You didn't damage your engine. You damaged the environment. The hose you indicated is actually the fitting to the A/C compressor.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    You didn't damage your engine. You damaged the environment. The hose you indicated is actually the fitting to the A/C compressor.
    You didn't damage your engine. You damaged the environment

Where can I get refill? MY ac doesn't work anymore. Damn it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Any A/C repair shop can recharge the system for you and replenish any lubricant that was lost. Depending on how long the system was left open, it'd be a good idea to pull a good vacuum first -- they'll be able to tell what's needed to do it right.

You can also DIY by purchasing refrigerant and lube in nozzled cans, but you'll need a pump to pull a vacuum and you'll also need to rent or borrow gauges to actually know if you're adding the correct amount and seeing the correct pressures on the high side and low side.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.