P0171 Problem

This is a discussion on P0171 Problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have been dealing with the P0171 code in my 04 WRX for the last couple weeks and am going ...

P0171 Problem

I have been dealing with the P0171 code in my 04 WRX for the last couple weeks and am going crazy. I have checked for leaks, replaced the turbo inlet, PCV valve, spark plugs, fuel filter, ran injector cleaner, replaced front 02 sensor, replaced the MAF sensor, cleaned the IACV and replaced the gasket, and replaced the air filter. The only mods on the car are a catback exhaust and catless uppipe. I have even taken the car to the dealership and they were basically clueless. The car is a 4eat and the CEL comes on between 12-15 miles of driving after a reset everytime and at cold start-up the idle is very lumpy for like a couple seconds. This CEL is driving me crazy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Really hoping that maybe someone else has had symptoms like mine. Need some help.

I Support ClubWRX
    Check the hose to the fuel pressure regulator for leaks and also check the vacuum line to the brake system booster. If these are both OK don't dismiss a leak issue; go at it again using soapy water. Hang in there, something's causing it, you'll find it.

On the air filter housing there are tabs on the side facing the motor. Make sure the ridges on the cap are engaging those tabs fully and that the entire "cover" is seated well and sealed.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.