newby needs help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on newby needs help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi Im a new subie owner and I read in here about sea foam, well I put some in my ...

newby needs help

Hi Im a new subie owner and I read in here about sea foam, well I put some in my gas tank and I gained 85 miles to the tank not to mention it ran better, but now my cel came on any ideas what that could be?
    Thanks for any help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The obvious thing to do is get the DTC read and have it cleared and see if it comes back.Can't really help you unless you know what the code is.....
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

help p0457

Quote Originally Posted by memosuby View Post
    Hi Im a new subie owner and I read in here about sea foam, well I put some in my gas tank and I gained 85 miles to the tank not to mention it ran better, but now my cel came on any ideas what that could be?
    Thanks for any help
    hi again i had the cel read and it gave me a p0457 code what could that be, does anyone know?

I Support ClubWRX
    Gas cap.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Thanks donkey i tried that and it worked Im glad it was something simple.
    Another question since im new to subarus and turbo cars how do you read the boost gauge, i have one that has 2 diff readings in psi in the middle theres a zero and it goes up from there on both sides, one side says vacuum and the other pressure what does that mean.
    thanks again

The boost gague is just telling you the relative pressure inside of the intake manifold. Naturally aspirated motors would always read negative since they have to pull air in from that atmosphere.

Turbo cars still operate under vacuum at lower RPMs and light load conditions. When a turbo spools and provides boost, that's when you'll see it go positive on the gague. The gague is just an easy way of seeing what's happening (and it looks pretty)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.