somethins wrong
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on somethins wrong within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought an 06 WRX yesterday. It has a full 3" exhaust and a downpipe i believe. I only got ...

somethins wrong

I bought an 06 WRX yesterday. It has a full 3" exhaust and a downpipe i believe. I only got on it a couple times and not very hard either. The check engine light is on and crusie is flashing? Any input would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

check for an aftermarket intake and BOV. if there is none try to find out whether the car was properly tuned after the exhaust was modified....that'd be my guess
    Quote Originally Posted by STiBOi View Post
    Could it still be considered a sex toy if you get off from driving it?

No BOV and stock intake is in play. I bought it from a used dealer n he gave me a 3 month 4500mi warranty so im hoping theyll fix. If not should i buy cobb AP or take it to get tuned?

EM - unless you know someone around town that can reflash for a small fee i'd just go ahead snap the AP. shouldnt be hard there are quite a few in the F/S listings here .

also. you may want to take the car to a trusted mechanic to be examined for a second opinion as to what the problem is. hell, see if you can get the dealership to pay for the mechanic of your choice

a buddy of mine has a shop i could take it to but its a 3 hour drive. If im gonna do any other simple mods the AP would do nicely right? saves on tuning after every mod.? I have an 01 SC mustang thats been nothin but trouble from day 1 i dont need anoter one of those on my hands thats why i bought a subaru.

oh yea, with the AP your set for pretty much anything, no tuner fee's either haha

maybe i can get the dealer to pay for it. If i get a mechanic to say thats what it needs. worth a shot. save me 700. So from what ive been hearing BOV is no good on stock turbo?

no sir. all u need to know on the way our stuff works as far as recirculating and whatnot. =)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by flashinLitesSuk
    I bought an 06 WRX yesterday. It has a full 3" exhaust and a downpipe i believe. I only got on it a couple times and not very hard either. The check engine light is on and crusie is flashing? Any input would be great.
    Get the code read - we can't help you without it.

Most likely, it's a cat inefficiency code, which is normal from removing the catalytic converters (downpipe) - a form of engine management will disable this code.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    +1 on needing the code to help much.

I'm curious if you remember what you were doing when the CEL came on. Were you taking off, sitting still, giving it gas in 4/5 gear on the highway?

Oh and taking it to a trusted mechanic is good but I would take it to a mechanic that knows Subarus.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Unfortunately most mechanics aren't going to know crap unless they work for a speed shop that does tuning of newer OBDII cars,and especially Subarus.You probably overboosted because the car is not tuned for the exhaust as mentioned earlier.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.