fuel cut in corners?
Results 1 to 10 of 10

This is a discussion on fuel cut in corners? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have an 02 wrx with a few mods, but mostly stock (catless dp and perrin intake). and i'm having ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    24

    fuel cut in corners?

    i have an 02 wrx with a few mods, but mostly stock (catless dp and perrin intake). and i'm having a problem with the engine cutting fuel while coming out of a corner or sometimes in the middle of cornering. it cuts fuel for about 3-4 seconds and then starts up again. i have never had this problem with any previous cars (240's, dsm's, civics etc) but i dont know if this is a common problem with wrx's. i've had the car for about 10k miles so far and i dont think its ever been tuned or modified, but i have no way to verify that either. i've been searching for similar problems but havent found one that matches what is happening to mine. i've read people having problems with the boost spiking and cutting fuel, but it seems to happen with mine around 9-10 psi. any ideas or what i can do? its quite frustrating to not be able to power out of a corner when i want to also sorry if i'm reposting an old problem. i'm just out of ideas.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada B.C.
    Posts
    1,393
    A walbro 255L/Hr fuel pump solved my fuel problems and yours sound the same.
    EDIT; Import Image Racing Webstore - SUBARU - WRX/STi 2002-2007 - Fuel System - Fuel Pumps
    Last edited by wrxdrvr; 08-12-2008 at 09:51 AM.
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

  4. #3
    Registered User WRXDrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cleveland, OH/State College, PA
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by wrXwootie View Post
    i have an 02 wrx with a few mods, but mostly stock (catless dp and perrin intake)

    i've had the car for about 10k miles so far and i dont think its ever been tuned or modified, but i have no way to verify that either.
    You say that you have mods, then say that you don't know if it's been modified.

    You need a tune, end of story.

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXDrummer View Post
    You say that you have mods, then say that you don't know if it's been modified.

    You need a tune, end of story.
    i agree, a tune would be nice. i failed to mention the fact that i am 300 miles from the nearest tuning shop and needed to know if there was anything i can do myself. i'm moving in a few months for school and will be close to a shop then, but in the meantime is there anything i can do?

  6. #5
    Registered User WRXDrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cleveland, OH/State College, PA
    Posts
    204
    get an open source internet tune (pretty inexpensive) and buy a tactrix cable and flash it yourself.

    That will solve your problems.

    I can't think of any sites to look at, maybe someone else can chime in.

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXDrummer View Post
    get an open source internet tune (pretty inexpensive) and buy a tactrix cable and flash it yourself.

    That will solve your problems.

    I can't think of any sites to look at, maybe someone else can chime in.
    that was my next questions if an open source would be a possible solution. anybody have a suggestion for a specific one?

    thanks WRXDrummer for your help too

  8. #7
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,764
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrXwootie
    that was my next questions if an open source would be a possible solution. anybody have a suggestion for a specific one?
    DTRacing™ ::  Custom Tuning Services   “Get a Dom Tune!”®

    Our local club flies him out every year to tune our cars. He has pretty much stopped doing Internet tunes, but he may be willing to help you out

    20WRX04 on here also got a DomTune, so he could probably give you another opinion/recommendation.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada B.C.
    Posts
    1,393
    I highly doubt that a tune will solve your fuel starvation problems... Not that getting a tune is bad idea...
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

  10. #9
    Registered User WRXDrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cleveland, OH/State College, PA
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    DTRacing™ ::* Custom Tuning Services** “Get a Dom Tune!”®

    Our local club flies him out every year to tune our cars. He has pretty much stopped doing Internet tunes, but he may be willing to help you out

    20WRX04 on here also got a DomTune, so he could probably give you another opinion/recommendation.
    I think Dom stopped doing internet tunes. And, after looking at his site, it looks like he might be on a hiatus from tuning...

  11. #10
    Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Late Devonian
    Posts
    13,212
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrvr View Post
    i highly doubt that a tune will solve your fuel starvation problems... Not that getting a tune is bad idea...
    +1000
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •