Can anyone assist with keypad alarm problems? (2002 WRX Imperza)

This is a discussion on Can anyone assist with keypad alarm problems? (2002 WRX Imperza) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi All I JUST brought my new car and am already having problems The alarm is so tempremental and im ...

Can anyone assist with keypad alarm problems? (2002 WRX Imperza)

Hi All
    I JUST brought my new car and am already having problems
    The alarm is so tempremental and im always setting it off. Today (130kms away from home) my car started playing up, it would cut out/shut down mid-drive for no aprent reason (about 10 times - i made it home by driving 80kms all the way incase it shut out and i was going too fast). Have checked it out and aparently its alarm related, is booked in too Subaru to check out on thursday, but before that does anyone have an idea what is going with my new car??
    Any stories of similar incidents would also be of interest?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The alarm shouldn't have anything to do with the ignition system.Unless it is aftermarket and at least six or seven years old. If it is going off all of the time, you may just need to turn the impact sensor down a little bit. None of the current alarms on the market have ignition kill available due to lawsuits in the late nineties. The only wire that should be affected is the starter wire for a starter kill. It sounds like you have some other issues.

Thanks for your reply.
    The car is in a Subaru dealership being looked at, I cant say what is wrong yet but aparently will have the car back on Monday so will know then.
    They have told me that this issue should be covered under subaru warranty? Seems strange as the car is 5 years old, but will see what happens.

There might be a recall on a part that is causing the problem or something. It seems strange that they would say it is covered if it is five years old though. Good Luck I hope it works out