2002 wrx help!!

This is a discussion on 2002 wrx help!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey i have a 2002 wrx that i bought about 5 months ago. As of about 2 months ago my ...

2002 wrx help!!

Hey i have a 2002 wrx that i bought about 5 months ago. As of about 2 months ago my car has been running pretty bad, when idling it idles at about 500 rpms and sometimes drops to 300. Also if I am at a complete stop and i push the clutch in to drive a couple feet "like in a drive through" the car starts to bog out really bad and sometimes dies. Also first gear seems sluggish but other gears are fine. The car also came with a cobb accessport and is tuned but i didnt do the tuning so I am not exactly sure what it is tuned to, just being honest. I tried to reset the ECU to stock but the AP said FAILED, PLEASE TRY OPERATION AGAIN. I do not know what to do!! Please any help would be aprecciated.

My mods is a full exhaust, and a cobb accessport.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Im assuming theres no check engine light (ie cylinder misfire)? Any black smoke or heavy gas smell from exhaust (running rich)? Someone more knowledgeable than I might provide more insight to you, however my 02 Rex was idleing roughly, kinda rumbling at 620-800 RPM, so i put some sea foam through the vacuum lines. after a good smoke show and a day of misfiring afterwards due to fouled plugs, my idle is now a smooth 710-720 rpm and i had a noticable increase in low end torque.