08 WRX getting check engine light at 5K RMP and loss of power...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 08 WRX getting check engine light at 5K RMP and loss of power... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ***Car info*** 08 WRX with: SPT exhaust Cobb street downpipe Stage 2 map via AccessPORT Running 16 PSI boost Car ...

08 WRX getting check engine light at 5K RMP and loss of power...

***Car info***
    08 WRX with:
    SPT exhaust
    Cobb street downpipe
    Stage 2 map via AccessPORT
    Running 16 PSI boost
    Car has not been tuned

**Problem**
    I am getting a check engine light after 5000 RPM and my car will jolt. I lose most engine response at this point, the car loses nearly all throttle and engine response like itís bogged down. This is when Traction Control is ON and the throttle is used aggressively at high to max boost levels. If I use the throttle passively the car works fine through the entire RMA range. I tried the same thing with Traction Control OFF and had the same issue but less frequent. I apologize; I have not had an opportunity to get the check engine codes so I donít have any info on that. Any advice on whatís going on and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendWRX1111
    I have not had an opportunity to get the check engine codes so I donít have any info on that. Any advice on whatís going on and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.
    Use the AP to pull the CEL codes, then we can help from there
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I installed an AEM cold air intake the same day I opened this post and have not had any issues. I've tried to make the check engine light come on again but nothing. The cold air intake seems to have fixed the issue. Do you think the car wasn't getting enough air and was getting bogged down?

Does your traction control light, check engine and cruise light come on when this happens? If so, I am having the same problem since I installed the new turbo back exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by whec2018 View Post
    Does your traction control light, check engine and cruise light come on when this happens? If so, I am having the same problem since I installed the new turbo back exhaust
    Yeah, thatís what I was getting. I heard a rumor that it may be an issue with the waist gate causing this. If you have an AccessPORT you can pull the check engine light code to confirm this. I can't get it anymore but if you can get it and post it we hopefully can get some good info on whatís going on. List any other mods you've done so we have a good idea of what may be going on.

I just read your "Wastegate solenoid code" forum post. It does sound like it's a waste gate solenoid issue caused by over boosting. When you put on your cold air intake your issue may go away. This is what I noticed anyway. I'm hoping someone can confirm if this may have been a lack of the amount of air coming into the engine.

The code is:
    PO244 MOD$00
    Turbo/sup Wastegate
    Solenoid A
    Range/Performance

I pulled this with my OBD2 scanner. I can reset it and the car is fine until I try to accelerate hard in fourth or fifth gear and it will do it again. Once the lights are on, I can accelerate as hard as I want to and it runs fine. Hopefully the intake helps.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by whec2018
    PO244
    Overboost

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    Overboost
    What do we do to resolve this problem? Is the cold air intake a solution? I am planning to add more boost soon. Am I going to see this problem again? If so should I get a stronger waist gate? Iím not sure what the stock waist gate is rated for.

I Support ClubWRX
    What do we do to resolve this problem?
    Cobb street downpipe
    That means there's a cat, correct?

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    That means there's a cat, correct?
    Correct, its got the high flow cat on it.

what to put on

can I get some help I just won $7000 and I want to put it all on my car a wrx 2006 I want it to go faster I already have coilovers on it and new rubbers what next exhast frontmount plzz somebody help me..... many thank if you can

Quote Originally Posted by filo69 View Post
    can I get some help I just won $7000 and I want to put it all on my car a wrx 2006 I want it to go faster I already have coilovers on it and new rubbers what next exhast frontmount plzz somebody help me..... many thank if you can
    Holy Crap?!? First time on the internet? Many thank if it is.

I have the high flow cat also(basically it is just an open pipe from TurboXS) I will be installing my cold air intake tomorrow so we will see if this helps. I don't know how to adjust the boost.

I have the high flow cat also(basically it is just an open pipe from TurboXS) I will be installing my cold air intake tomorrow so we will see if this helps. I don't know how to adjust the boost.
    Keep me posted on if it fixes the problem whec2018.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast