08 WRX getting check engine light at 5K RMP and loss of power... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 08 WRX getting check engine light at 5K RMP and loss of power... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have seen people have issue's with cobb's stage 2 map. I have the same mods as you and running ...

I have seen people have issue's with cobb's stage 2 map. I have the same mods as you and running Perrin's stage 2 map and not having issues. I would suggest trying a map other than cobb's.

Shoot me a PM if you have more questions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I finally installed the cold air intake and at first it seemed to help. I accelerated all the way through fourth and fifth to about 125mph. I thought it was fixed, but I had to slow down and dropped into third. When I had the chance to get around the car in front, I hammered it and threw the code in third gear too. The problem seems to be getting better, but not fixed yet. I am thinking about buying the Cobb Tuning Access Port and trying the stage two map that is loaded on it to try and help. I don't know if it will do anything or not. Maybe I need a stronger waste gate or something. If anyone knows where to get this, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by whec2018 View Post
    I finally installed the cold air intake and at first it seemed to help. I accelerated all the way through fourth and fifth to about 125mph. I thought it was fixed, but I had to slow down and dropped into third. When I had the chance to get around the car in front, I hammered it and threw the code in third gear too. The problem seems to be getting better, but not fixed yet. I am thinking about buying the Cobb Tuning Access Port and trying the stage two map that is loaded on it to try and help. I don't know if it will do anything or not. Maybe I need a stronger waste gate or something. If anyone knows where to get this, please let me know.

I am on Cobbís stage 2 map and have not had any issues since installing the cold air intake. If you go to cobbtuning.com you can search for a local dealer in your area or go to your Subaru dealer to order it through them. Go to cobb . wrx accessport . map listing to find all the info about the maps. You can look under [map notes] for specific info per map. You have all the required mods to go to stage 2 and based on my turnout it may be worth wile for you to go to a stage 2 map. Hereís a link about Subaruís factory boost control system, it may be useful knowledge. http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/ima...mWorksv109.pdf
    As far as a stronger waste gate goes it sounds like you may have to buy a new turbo and an external waist gate. Iím not sure if you can do anything with the stock internal waist gate. Can anyone comment on this part?

I finally purchased the access port with the Cobb Tuning software and since I loaded the stage 2 map, I haven't had any problems. I have been trying to get it to mess up for about a week with no problems. This seems to have fixed it. The car runs really strong now, and I don't have to worry about accelerating in fourth or fifth gear any more. It wasn't cheap, but it works.

Has it happened again? I'm getting the same problem. I've had it for about a year now, its happened to me a handful of times but months in between. I guess i've learned to live with it, because i havent bothered to take it back to the garage that did my turbo back and tune. Just happened to me again the other night so i figured i'd do some more research on it.
    08 wrx sedan: Dark Grey
    Perrin Short Throw Shifter Adapter - Shifter Bushings
    Magnaflow CBE - Invidia Catted DP
    Akuma Motorsports Custom Fabricated CAI
    Protune, by Akuma Motorsports in NJ
    NEED to do more! Help! (like a TMIC, possibly LGT TMIC swap?)

wastegate.

Ifound that the car was boosting at around 24 pounds. This is way too much for the factory wastegate. I used the cobb access port. The stage 2 maps allow it to boost around 18 or 19 pounds which seems to be OK. I haven't had any other problems. I installed a boost gauge, and as long as I keep it under 20 pounds, I have never had any problems at all. I would read your codes and see if it says that you had a factory wastegate malfunctions, and this should let you know if it is the same problem that I was having.

yepp, thats exactly the problem i was having. thanks alot. Guess im in the market for an AP
    08 wrx sedan: Dark Grey
    Perrin Short Throw Shifter Adapter - Shifter Bushings
    Magnaflow CBE - Invidia Catted DP
    Akuma Motorsports Custom Fabricated CAI
    Protune, by Akuma Motorsports in NJ
    NEED to do more! Help! (like a TMIC, possibly LGT TMIC swap?)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.