new car, change fluids?

This is a discussion on new car, change fluids? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i got an 05 wrx and i was wondering would it be good to change all the fluids such as ...

new car, change fluids?

i got an 05 wrx and i was wondering would it be good to change all the fluids such as the oil, transmission fluid, and any other fluids. and if so i paln to go to the dealershiup and have them do my oil change and use the factory oil. what about tranny fluid??

thanks
    mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xmikex View Post
    i got an 05 wrx and i was wondering would it be good to change all the fluids such as the oil, transmission fluid, and any other fluids. and if so i paln to go to the dealershiup and have them do my oil change and use the factory oil. what about tranny fluid??

thanks
    mike
    Hey Mike. There's a lot of great info on the site that heavily covers these topics already. Especially the stickies in the maint. forum. Check this out. Enjoy.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Registered User silverbullet>>>'s Avatar
    royal purple or Motul FLuids are the best and i would change the diff and gear fluid
    Turbo XS BOV, ERZ Down Pipe, ERZ catback, Cobb intake, Perrin Turbo inlet, Perrin Up Pipe, Walboro 255 fuel pump, Ultimate Racing 680cc injectors, gm boost solinoid, Exedy clutch, thermo tech turbo heat wrap, perrin light weight pulley,TGV delete's, 8mm intake manifold phenoic spacers, TXS racing FMIC, Tial 38mm wastegate
    Tuned By DPS
    http://www.dpstuning.com
    Team Downshift Member

Its deff a good idea especly if they dont have detailed maintance records.I use Mobil 1 full senthetic 75w90 for the rear diff. The tranny and front diff share the same fluid its also 75w90,i use royal purple and valvoline mix. But we all have different opinions on what fluids to use its just what ever works best for you I would also change the motor oil for a piece of mind i use 5w30 mobil 1 its GL-4 certified