Need Help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need Help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am trying to replace my rotors on my 2002 WRX and cant seem to get them off. Any help ...

Need Help W/Brakes

I am trying to replace my rotors on my 2002 WRX and cant seem to get them off. Any help would be great. Thanks guys
    Last edited by stockscooby; 08-07-2008 at 12:23 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You have the calipers off I assume?

Hit them with a hammer to break away and rust thats causing them to adhese to the hub. If its the rear rotors try disengaging the hand brake.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    You have the calipers off I assume?

Hit them with a hammer to break away and rust thats causing them to adhese to the hub. If its the rear rotors try disengaging the hand brake.
    Yes the calipers are off. I have not made it to the backs yet. Does the big nut in the center of the hub have to come off?

It doesnt on my 2005 wrx.

Take a hammer to the hub portion of the rotor. Hit in a few spots, see if the breaks it loose.

I'll take a look when I get home... Come on people, all you do it yourselfers out there and nobody has taken off there rotors??

All you have to do is take the calipers off. and then if you cant get them off try using a dead blow hammer and just knocking off the rotor, and when you get to the back just make sure you have the E brake off

OK, so I don't need to take the big center nut off?

no

a hammer maybe a little of 401.
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    ^^^Your sig is bull****....
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Is that a euphemism for a meat helmet?

2002 WRX Rotor Removal

Thanks for the help guys I got it. In case anyone else needs help. 1) You take off the tire
    2) take out 2 bolts holding the caliper
    3) take caliper off "make sure its not just hanging down, tie it up if you have to"
    4) remove 2 bolts holding caliper bracket
    5) Hit rotor from back side with hammer until broken loose. "turn rotor if needed while hitting with hammer.

rotor help

Hi I just changed my rotors on my 02 and they were hard to come off so I read somewhere that theres a hole and its threaded screw a bolt in there slowly backing it off every so often then just work it out and it should come off pretty easy that way.
    Good luck

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.