Lighting Problems PLEASE HELP

This is a discussion on Lighting Problems PLEASE HELP within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2002 WRX and have been experiencing some problems with the exterior and interior lights on my WRX. ...

Lighting Problems PLEASE HELP

I have a 2002 WRX and have been experiencing some problems with the exterior and interior lights on my WRX. The driver side break light does not light up when the head lights are on, I recently replaced the bulb and it works when I step on the break but other than that it is not on when it should be. The same light also does not light up when I unlock the car using the keyless entry. Also for some reason my interior lights no longer go on when I unlock the car or open the doors. But both of them work because they can manualy be turned on with the corisponding button inside the car. PLEASE HELP!!! I'm not sure if this is a wiring issue or simply a fues...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If it were a fuse, the lights wouldn't come on at all. It's wiring somewhere. There must be a bad switch or relay on the interior lights if they still come one manually.

Don't know what all the other stuff is about, but it's not a fuse.

The exterior light is probably a loose wire or a bad socket. It could simply be that the bulb is not making good contact in the socket. Most likely the interior light problem is in the switch at the dome lights. Could be a bad switch. You really need to use a meter and test the sockets to see what is happening inside of them.