Boost solonoid
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Boost solonoid within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Can anybody help me? I have a 3 port solonid ,do i need the restrictor pill in or not? I ...

Registered User SILLYBILLYS WRX's Avatar

Boost solonoid

Can anybody help me? I have a 3 port solonid ,do i need the restrictor pill in or not?
    I ran it with it in ,but only boosted at .7psi
    when ran with out ,it ran at 1.2psi, is is safe to run without?
    Cheers chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What boost gauge are you using? If you're running the stock turbo wastegate, it's not possible for boost to only be 1.2 psi...it would run up to 9 psi if you hade everything installed improperly. What other mods do you have? What engine management are you using? It is not safe to run a 3port solenoid without ECU tuning...

Registered User SILLYBILLYS WRX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650 View Post
    What boost gauge are you using? If you're running the stock turbo wastegate, it's not possible for boost to only be 1.2 psi...it would run up to 9 psi if you hade everything installed improperly. What other mods do you have? What engine management are you using? It is not safe to run a 3port solenoid without ECU tuning...
    my boost gauge reads from -.09 to 1.5spi? i m just going off that,i running stock turbo wastegate.no mods standard uk car.apart from ppp pack. i only changed to 3 port solonoid as mt 2 port ,went faulty and didnt think it would make any difference, if all pipe work piped up correctly.
    should i get a 2port standard solonoid?

Okay, those are not PSI marks, they're "bar." 1 Bar = 14.5 psi. If you're hitting 1.2 bar, you're overboosting. I would recommend you go back to a stock boost control solenoid OR get a tuner to rescale your boost map in your ecu to work with the 3 port. The three port is a good choice for faster spool, but does not work on an ecu that is not calibrated for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650 View Post
    hey man my 07 is only boosting that #
    all my hoses are good i think (dunno really)
    do I have a faulty boost gauge?
    Hawk Eye #1991
    Dirty Crew #11
    Military Militia #1991
    I still don't know how I got this car...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus11 View Post
    hey man my 07 is only boosting that #
    all my hoses are good i think (dunno really)
    do I have a faulty boost gauge?
    Re-read Timdogs last post first.Now what frigg'n boost gauge do you have?Is it the stock Lamco one that reads in bar?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.