CEL p0171
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on CEL p0171 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have a 02 wrx. it has a Greddy inter cooler, k&n air filter and after market exhaust. i got ...

CEL p0171

i have a 02 wrx. it has a Greddy inter cooler, k&n air filter and after market exhaust. i got the car about 7 months ago for the past 2 month a CEL (P0171)(running to lean bank1) had been on. i have change the 02 sensor the fuel/air mix sensor and and the spark plugs. i clean my MAF sensor and air filter and change my gas filter. i check for vacum line leaks and didn't fine any but the CEL keeps coming back on. i had a mechanic check the fuel pressure and he told me every thing is ok he doesnt know why the CEL is on. according to him the light should not be on every thing is working the way it should. the car runs great. if i clear the CEL it comes back between 20-30 miles after clearing it. can someone please help me or should i just send it to subaru.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you pressure test the system? You changed both O2 sensors? The sensor that is throwing that code is the one in the passenger side exhaust manifold. The rear O2 sensor in the midpipe wouldn't register that code...what do you mean when you say the "fuel air mix sensor?" If I had changed every possible part and eliminated all possible "normal" reasons for a lean code, I would start to suspect the aftermarket mods. Is the K&N filter a full ram air intake or is it just a panel filter in the stock airbox? The intake could cause that code if there was something wrong with it or if it wasn't a WRX specific intake. If it's just a K&N panel filter, I wouldn't think twice about it because there's no way it could cause a lean code. I would also wonder about the intercooler...if you aren't tuned for a FMIC it would not be especially surprising that your fuel trims would be out of spec. That's about the limit of what I would know to troubleshoot without delving into the ECU via Tactrix cable... maybe Donkey or Testes1010 will reply to this with a more scientific approach.

yes the mechanic did pressure test it. the k&n filter is a ram air intake and it was made for a wrx. what's FMIC? and how do u tune and car for that. the fuel air mix sensor is the first sensor in the exhaust that what subaru called it.

it is a front mount intercooler how do u tune a car for a FMIC

Quote Originally Posted by rigo View Post
    it is a front mount intercooler how do u tune a car for a FMIC
    Electronic Engine Management. We have a separate subforum here that relates directly to tuning, you should take a look around and use the search function in there to better understand. Also, try taking a look at the links in my signature, they'll fill you in on some basics.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650
    Electronic Engine Management. We have a separate subforum here that relates directly to tuning, you should take a look around and use the search function in there to better understand. Also, try taking a look at the links in my signature, they'll fill you in on some basics.
    Engine Management FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.