Knock Knock- my hybrid motor build - Page 13
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

This is a discussion on Knock Knock- my hybrid motor build within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I know. The anticipation is killing me. The Tully's meet should be a great time. I'll definitely take you for ...

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    I know. The anticipation is killing me.

The Tully's meet should be a great time. I'll definitely take you for a spin.

Forged pistons & a 20G would be a great set up for your STi. Mike & the guys at Innovative do great work. Second to none IMO.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Good luck today, Dan
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ej257 View Post
    good luck today, dan
    +1
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

After doing a bunch of tuning runs, she's finally all tuned & ready to go. She consistently made 280hp/274tq @ 19psi tapering to 18psi at redline. She pulls like a frikkin raped ape. I had permagrin all the way home. Here's some pics of her on the dyno & a video of one of the pulls. Enjoy!

Dyno pull

NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

I Support ClubWRX

UNYSOC

Wrinklechops
    Awesome awesome awesome. Glad to not only see she's finally running stable and solid but that she's also running strong and putting down some good numbers.

Any more future mods planned? You certainly have one of the best turbos for a daily driver out there

I'm not sure of the # differences between a Mustang dyno and say, a dynojet dyno... but I was really pulling for you to have higher numbers At least, close to if not over 300wtq... and similar hp numbers. You certainly put a lot of time/effort/$ into this project - are you satisfied with the #s and power output? I don't want to be discouraged from following your mod path if the end result isn't over 300whp/wtq

But, the car looks fantastic and I'm sure it pulls hard. Plan on any 1/4 track events any time soon?

Wrinklechops
    Mustang VS. Dynojet (GOOD READ!) - G35Driver

Nevermind, I think I found my answer. Looks like a Mustang dyno is a better reading dyno than a Dynojet. At least, it seems the Dynojet numbers are much more inflated. So, if you ever get a reading on a Dynojet dyno, I'd be curious to see what you'd make. Probably a considerable amount more.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops
    I'm not sure of the # differences between a Mustang dyno and say, a dynojet dyno... but I was really pulling for you to have higher numbers At least, close to if not over 300wtq... and similar hp numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops
    Nevermind, I think I found my answer. Looks like a Mustang dyno is a better reading dyno than a Dynojet. At least, it seems the Dynojet numbers are much more inflated. So, if you ever get a reading on a Dynojet dyno, I'd be curious to see what you'd make. Probably a considerable amount more.
    Again, this is a very low-reading dyno, even for a Mustang. STi's don't even break 200whp stock on it.

On a Dynojet like P&L (popular tuning shop), this would probably be a 340whp build.

UNYSOC

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Again, this is a very low-reading dyno, even for a Mustang. STi's don't even break 200whp stock on it.

On a Dynojet like P&L (popular tuning shop), this would probably be a 340whp build.
    That's more like it I know a dyno is just a tool and the real truth lies in say, a 1/4 mile track event for example. It's still exciting to know how fast this car must be. I'm sure you just blow past quite a few things on the road out there.

I don't know if it's been mentioned but.... stock tranny/clutch/flywheel? If so, do you think she'll break with that power output any time soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    But, the car looks fantastic and I'm sure it pulls hard. Plan on any 1/4 track events any time soon?

I don't know if it's been mentioned but.... stock tranny/clutch/flywheel? If so, do you think she'll break with that power output any time soon?
    Thanks! She does pull hard. My friend said he gives up trying to keep his head forward during 3rd & 4th gear WOT. No plans on running the 1/4 mile anytime soon. I decided not to cuz my tranny is still stock. I replaced my clutch & flywheel with stock parts so I would have some slippage to hopefully protect my tranny for the time being. As long as I don't do any hard launches I think i'll be fine. I've just been driving her around enjoying having the car back. I haven't had any run ins with any road competition yet, but i'll report back as soon as it happens lol. I'm curious to see what she makes on a DynoJet as well...
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04
    Thanks! She does pull hard. My friend said he gives up trying to keep his head forward during 3rd & 4th gear WOT. No plans on running the 1/4 mile anytime soon. I decided not to cuz my tranny is still stock. I replaced my clutch & flywheel with stock parts so I would have some slippage to hopefully protect my tranny for the time being. As long as I don't do any hard launches I think i'll be fine. I've just been driving her around enjoying having the car back. I haven't had any run ins with any road competition yet, but i'll report back as soon as it happens lol. I'm curious to see what she makes on a DynoJet as well...
    You still have the tactrix cable? If so, do a log and post up for someone to make you an Airboy's spreadsheet dyno over on the "other site" (just for comparisons) - you want the "Road Dyno" thread in the PPB section.

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    You still have the tactrix cable? If so, do a log and post up for someone to make you an Airboy's spreadsheet dyno over on the "other site" (just for comparisons) - you want the "Road Dyno" thread in the PPB section.
    Sweet. I'll have to look into that.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

New plate being ordered soon...
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.