So 6 months ago when enough money came around i decided it was finally time to get a WRX. I was pretty impatient and went with the first one i checked out. The car had 59k on it and was owned by a 30 year old guy in downtown Chicago. When i picked up the car it ran fine didn't have any symptoms or any mechanical problems. It had a Lightened Flywheel and Stage 2 clutch by exedy, Turboxs BOV, Silencer Delete, and some unknown brand MBC(actually holds boost very well).
I quickly brought the car back to stock, the clutch was to much for me. It shuddered like crazy so i got the oem clutch and fly at about 61k, Put on the stock bpv even earlier, put back the air silencer and then about a month ago i replaced all the stock boost solenoid hosing. So now the car is 100% stock althought i feel like shes not to happy.
List of symptoms im worried about
- Boost leak somwhere, vac sits at 15-16. full boost never comes on at the same time
- 2nd gear takes awhile too engage if doing WOT pulls(longer than other gears)
- 1-2nd shift feels sluggish hard to land smooth
- 2nd gear whine from 1900rpm-3000rpm
- I get a loud humming noise throughout the car if im in 3rd 4th and 5th. It requires you to be at certain rpms in certain gears for it to happen. 4th gear is the loudest but only does is up to 3000rpm. The throttle has to be slightly in(coasting throttle) for it to come on in any gear.
- If the AC is on the car acts differently. If sitting in netural and rev to 4000rpm the rpms go up slightly slower and come back down to idle very quick compared to with the ac off. I get a sort of whine noise as well with the ac on with small revs.
- The car likes to bog down if trying to let the clutch out quick in 1st/not launching at all just a quicker grab. ( feels like a symptom of the boost leak)
- if coasting at 2000rpms in 1st and i floor the gas the car bucks a bit to where i can feel it as it builds boost.
In conclusion the car still pulls nice and hard, idle seems fine but these noises and such are just to much to hear everyday and not be concerned. Im just worried she was beat pretty bad before i got her, or these are just symptoms of rexes getting old. Sorry for being soooo long im just very concerned as this is my new and only car for a long time. Any input would be great!