My WRX :( - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My WRX :( within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; can you guys get some pics of the mounts possibly? I think i know the engine one, there is one ...

can you guys get some pics of the mounts possibly? I think i know the engine one, there is one on each side of the tranny case or something.

The 2nd gear whine is pretty loud, no other gear make a noise like it besides reverse. I could say its about half as loud as reverse is.

And i really cant hear the turbo all that much on 2nd gear pulls i need to have lower rps, in say 3rd and give it throttle until the boost builds.

Thanks again!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by scoobe View Post
    can you guys get some pics of the mounts possibly? I think i know the engine one, there is one on each side of the tranny case or something.

The 2nd gear whine is pretty loud, no other gear make a noise like it besides reverse. I could say its about half as loud as reverse is.

And i really cant hear the turbo all that much on 2nd gear pulls i need to have lower rps, in say 3rd and give it throttle until the boost builds.

Thanks again!
    If 2nd gear makes the same noise as if you were reversing....definitely a syncro issue in my opinion.

There are 2 engine mounts and a single longer transmission mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    nah i dont have a problem with spelling, i just play a lot of world of warcraft and thats how people type in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by lordcon View Post
    If 2nd gear makes the same noise as if you were reversing....definitely a syncro issue in my opinion.

There are 2 engine mounts and a single longer transmission mount.
    don't forget the dinky pitch stop

bump for any more insight on these symptoms?????

Its a bugeye, your tranny sucks ass.

tune up/ protune. who knows what the hell is going on with your car. There might be mods on that car that you are not aware of.
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

bump for any more insight on these symptoms?????
    Im telling you, other than the possibility of the 2nd gear syncro going out...everything else you mentioned is pretty much the norm for everybody. Do you know if the car ever had any time of engine management on it? Maybe the ecu has a map on it...
    nah i dont have a problem with spelling, i just play a lot of world of warcraft and thats how people type in that game.

Yeah i agree with your statement lordcon, thanks for all your help btw.

And the Tranny actually feels great for 65k, no grinds whatsoever just that 2nd whine.

Also whats the easiest way to scan the ecu for a map, i still have 20k on warranty so i have to avoid the dealership for sure.

O and ive become pretty knowledgeable of my car and i don't think theres any mods i wouldn't be able to spot besides a re flash.

Yeah i agree with your statement lordcon, thanks for all your help btw.

And the Tranny actually feels great for 65k, no grinds whatsoever just that 2nd whine.

Also whats the easiest way to scan the ecu for a map, i still have 20k on warranty so i have to avoid the dealership for sure.

O and ive become pretty knowledgeable of my car and i don't think theres any mods i wouldn't be able to spot besides a re flash.
    hmm, thats a toughy. If you had an unmarried Cobb accessport -- you could perform the install process on your car. If it already has a map, it would probably give you an error stating that theres already an accessport married to this car. However this is only a narrow solution because there are several methods for installing maps and the accessport solution would only detect another accessport instance.

Your best bet would to somehow convince a dealership that you need your ecu reset/reflashed back to stock. they can do that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12