royal purple (worth it?)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on royal purple (worth it?) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; is it worth switching my oil out for this stuff?? will it make that much of a difference??...

royal purple (worth it?)

is it worth switching my oil out for this stuff?? will it make that much of a difference??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    i wouldnt but thass just my opinion

engine 5-30 winter , 10-30 winter (Mobil 1)
    tranny n diff ---i use subaru genuine , i once tried mobil 1 and talk about a whiney tranny and diff whoah ! switched back to the subaru genuine so much nicer
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xmikex View Post
    will it make that much of a difference??
    A difference in what?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    is it worth switching my oil out for this stuff?? will it make that much of a difference??

Its not recommended by Subaru for 06+. Check to make sure it meets all the applicable ratings necessary for your car. You can find them in the manual.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

funny i was thikning of using royal purple also...

06wrx4me is all over on this topic :P saved me from doing something dumb today.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

when i back up my tranny whines do subis do that or is it caused by the oil like Weasel 555 said?? and i am new at this and this may be a dumb question but when you get your oil changed at the dealership do they use the subaru genuine oil there?? or do you have to specialy buy it and put it in??

I Support ClubWRX
    Are you now talking about the gearbox then? And are you now talking about gear oil?

Check out the gear oil thread. It has info from numerous users and analytical data.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Are you now talking about the gearbox then? And are you now talking about gear oil?

Check out the gear oil thread. It has info from numerous users and analytical data.
    The link to that thread is in my sig...
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

when i back up my tranny whines do subis do that or is it caused by the oil like Weasel 555 said?? and i am new at this and this may be a dumb question but when you get your oil changed at the dealership do they use the subaru genuine oil there?? or do you have to specialy buy it and put it in??

whine when you backup is normal. I just drove a civic SI today and it would whine like crazy going in reverse. The toyota truck i practiced with makes the same whining sound.

As far as i know, when you take it in for service they do everything for you.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

when i back up my tranny whines do subis do that or is it caused by the oil like Weasel 555 said??
    All manual gearboxes make that noise. Your gears 1-5 are helical (cut on an angle) this causes there to be no whine while the gears mesh together. The reverse gear is a spur gear (straight cut) therefore the noise will exist. All reverse gears in a manual trans will make that sound...no worrys.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

What differencial oil shuold i use??

I have a 06 WRX with 23000 miles on it and want to change the front and rear diff fluid whats the best to use????

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by viperhd View Post
    I have a 06 WRX with 23000 miles on it and want to change the front and rear diff fluid whats the best to use????
    See above:

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    The link to that thread is in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by viperhd View Post
    front diff shares the same fluid as the tranny. so any GL-5 will do. If you want good stuff, try Subaru S, Motul 300 or Amsoil Severe gear. they're all in the 75-90 weight range.

for the rear, use whatever you like or is cheap. i'm using amsoil in the tranny/front diff and valvoline in the rear diff.
    "Let the ingorance die with the ignorant"

For what it's worth, I had a bad syncro ring grind when shifting into 4th in my 04 wrx. It was suggested to me that I replace the tranny fluid with amsoil severe gear, motul gear 300, or redline lightweight shockproof.

I ended up going with the shockproof and the grind is completely gone. Just changing the fluid saved me a tranny rebuild. I can only imagine that if it works this well for a tranny that has noticable issues, that it would be doing good things in a tranny with no known issues as well.
    2004 Java Black Wagon

Mods - VF39, '06 WRX Injectors, Cobb OTS AP Map, Perrin Up & Down Pipe, DC Sports Catback, Cobb LWC Pulley, STI Hood Scoop, Sprayer & TMIC, Kartboy SS, Cleared Headlights & Aftermarket Leather Interior W/Heated Seats

Bobby Tuned - 286 awhp/265awtq

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.