Failed inspection for side marker not flashing

This is a discussion on Failed inspection for side marker not flashing within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just took my car (2003 WRX) to be inspected in Delaware. They failed it because the 2 front orange ...

Failed inspection for side marker not flashing

I just took my car (2003 WRX) to be inspected in Delaware. They failed it because the 2 front orange side markers did not flash with the turn signals. I spend an hour testing all the wires and changing the bulbs, but after a quick search here, realized that they are not supposed to flash...they are just parking lights. Is this correct? and if so where car I find documentary evidence for the inspection lane? I could not find it in the manual.
    Last edited by crazylimey; 07-28-2008 at 10:17 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by crazylimey View Post
    I just took my car (2003 WRX) to be inspected in Delaware. They failed it because the 2 front orange side markers did not flash with the turn signals. I spend an hour testing all the wires and changing the bulbs, but after a quick search here, realized that they are not supposed to flash...they are just parking lights. Is this correct? and if so where car I find documentary evidence for the inspection lane? I could not find it in the manual.
    Drive to some one that knows what they are doing, the side markers are not a requirement in the US, hence those are not the side markers that you would see elsewhere in the world on most cars. Yes the lights in the front fenders are parking lights and never ever blink. You can do a search on you tube or print this out and show it to the dumb ass that failed your inspection. As a matter of fact the side marker lights that blink are much closer to the front door, not all the way on the front. You would have to change your fenders and the whole wiring to include them like on the european cars.
    Last edited by subaru_crazy; 07-31-2008 at 06:45 PM.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter