P1094 Tumble Generated Valve Signal 1 Circuit Malfunction (Open) after turbo swap
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on P1094 Tumble Generated Valve Signal 1 Circuit Malfunction (Open) after turbo swap within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I installed a Monster TD04 last weekend and I have had two instances of this error. I reset the ECU ...

I Support ClubWRX

Angry P1094 Tumble Generated Valve Signal 1 Circuit Malfunction (Open) after turbo swap

I installed a Monster TD04 last weekend and I have had two instances of this error. I reset the ECU - the error goes away, but returns in a couple of days. Anyone have an idea as to why?

Thanks as always.

Edit: it is a P1095 - Tumble Generated Valve Signal 1 Circuit Malfunction (Short)
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 07-29-2008 at 04:19 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

IBRoganpoststheFSM.pdf's

I would inspect to make sure you didn't knock the plug on the solenoid near the turbo. If it's loose/broken then you might get a TGV code, although admittedly I don't know if that's what the P1094 code references...

I Support ClubWRX
    You probably knocked something around while removing/replacing the turbo. Look on this thread for pics of how the setup is; the thread is about TGV deleting but doing that generates the CEL you got, unless you do as the thread says:

DIY TGV/Sensor Deletes. step by step(pics) - NASIOC

so look at the pics, look at your setup, and see what's come loose.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ah, good info ... thanks.

BTW it was a P1095 - Tumble Generated Valve Signal 1 Circuit Malfunction (Short)
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 07-25-2008 at 02:22 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    This looks to be the TGV sensor - the connectors seem OK.

I will try to have a better look at it tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG4002.jpg  
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 07-25-2008 at 06:16 PM.
    Mods & Pics

DUB
    You probably accidentally hit it with a wrench a borked it, just like Peaty: TGV Sensor CEL P1088 or P1086 - ScoobyMods

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    You probably accidentally hit it with a wrench a borked it, just like Peaty: TGV Sensor CEL P1088 or P1086 - ScoobyMods
    Very nice find - thank you ... however I am getting a P1095. Either way this is more for me to go on.

I do not recall abusing that widget or it being in the way.
    Mods & Pics

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Very nice find - thank you ... however I am getting a P1095. Either way this is more for me to go on.

I do not recall abusing that widget or it being in the way.
    Yeah, I did see that the codes weren't the same, I can't comment on that.

From reading Peaty's post though, it seems like you could have just tapped it with your ratchet handle or something and broken it. You certainly were messing around quite a bit in that area while swapping turbos.

how are you clearing the CEL? With a code scanner, AP or ECUExplorer or battery ground?

I know many times with TGV deletes/JDM Manifold the codes show up unless you reset the ecu by using the battery ground regardless how many times you reset the ecu using a AP,code reader, or ECUexplorer.
    1988 Celica Alltrac
    Hallman Pro, 15x7.5 +20mm Rota Slipstreams
    2005 LGT 315whp/340wtq@21psi - Sold
    VF52, Crucial P&P&C Manifolds, UP, DP, RP, Magnaflow CBE, Hallman PRO, ROMRaider
    2003 WRX 371whp/355wtq@24psi - Sold
    TD05H-20G-38mm Tial, Meth Injection, Hyperflow TMIC, ROMRaider
    Dyno Chart METH vs 93 oct

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by testes1010 View Post
    how are you clearing the CEL? With a code scanner, AP or ECUExplorer or battery ground?

I know many times with TGV deletes/JDM Manifold the codes show up unless you reset the ecu by using the battery ground regardless how many times you reset the ecu using a AP,code reader, or ECUexplorer.
    I have used both battery and AP. This was not a delete, but a possible unknowingly banged up TGV sensor.

Thanks for your input.
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    I have used both battery and AP. This was not a delete, but a possible unknowingly banged up TGV sensor.

Thanks for your input.
    I would try unconnecting and reconnecting.Maybe try putting alittle dielectric grease in the female plug and check the wiring to the plug for damage.You can also check the voltage across the sensor.It is basiclly just a TPS sensor.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

check all 4 of the connections
    there are 2 on each TGV
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    I would try unconnecting and reconnecting.Maybe try putting alittle dielectric grease in the female plug and check the wiring to the plug for damage.You can also check the voltage across the sensor.It is basiclly just a TPS sensor.
    Already did the unplug / plug in. I cannot see any visible damage. After the last AP reset there has been no CEL, but think it will return. According to the Scoobymod thread the sensor is very tricky to remove and replace.

Your input is appreciated.
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    According to the Scoobymod thread the sensor is very tricky to remove and replace.
    No need to remove.You just need an automotive digitial multimeter.The probes are designed to pierce the wire sheathing.You just jab the wire.You don't have to push the probe all the way through.Also if you have a Tactrix cable you should be able to monitor the TVG operation.Just enough to make contact.I have a few spare sensors if you end up needing one.Just shoot me a PM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    No need to remove.You just need an automotive digitial multimeter.The probes are designed to pierce the wire sheathing.You just jab the wire.You don't have to push the probe all the way through.Also if you have a Tactrix cable you should be able to monitor the TVG operation.Just enough to make contact.I have a few spare sensors if you end up needing one.Just shoot me a PM.
    Wow, thanks ... What values should I be seeing through the multimeter?
    Mods & Pics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.