Wiring Question... Green Plug

This is a discussion on Wiring Question... Green Plug within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an '08 4-door WRX. About 2 months after purchasing it was back in the garage for something electronical ...

Exclamation Wiring Question... Green Plug

I have an '08 4-door WRX. About 2 months after purchasing it was back in the garage for something electronical that dealt with the fuel delivery. The car was in the shop less than 30 mins including the oil change, but the "somethings wrong" lights went away. I recently was running wire for an amplifier and found a green plug behind the passenger footwell that was unplugged. It has 2 wires coming from each of the plugs. Does anyone know what this is? Should I plug them back together? The reason I ask is that on some fuel pump and injector change out tutorials it mentions unplugging the green plug behing the passenger foot well before messing with components of the fuel pump and mention to plug it back in before starting the car.
    Any help would be greatly appriciated, Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This could be for your engine management system.
    Theres a plug back there that connects to an external hand held computer for programming. it should remain unplugged.

check on youtube for the Cobb accessport videos, you might see the plug your thinking of in the video... which is to remain unplugged unless your going to reflash... for stage 1,2 etc...
    Black 2004 WRX STi - BlobEye Syndicate #200
    "As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no EVO."
    I'm always looking for Subaru fanatics in the greater Montreal area. If your close, send me a pm.

Thanks

Thanks, I figure that must be it then.
    -Pete