mystery oil leak
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on mystery oil leak within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i posted this on nasioc, and i'm just really wanting to figure this out, so i figured i'd try over ...

mystery oil leak

i posted this on nasioc, and i'm just really wanting to figure this out, so i figured i'd try over here too

ok so here goes.

i recently had a friend install a perrin up-pipe, everything went fine there, except there was a leak in the up-pipe...so i bought new oem gaskets for the up...so tonight me and another friend installed the gaskets....i followed all the instructions that perrin supplies to the dot EXCEPT for on the top gasket, we didn't take the turbo off completly, we took off the screws holding down the turbo, and pulled it up and back just enough to get the gasket in there...now here's the fishy part...while we were pulling it back, we heard a snap...i saw the line for the sensor that goes from the air intake was snaped, and where it broke it was hard and brittle so we assumed thats what it was, and as a temporary fix we used electrical tape to hold it back together...so we put everything back together, torqued everything in the order in instructions told us to...so after all that we took the car out for a test drive, and i noticed that i wasn't getting quite as much boost as normal, but the leak from the up was gone, so i pushed it, and almost nothing happened, then my cel started flashing on, so i pulled over and noticed there was smoke coming out then there was about half a quart of oil on the ground, so i drove it back we opened it up, and we couldn't find anything from the top...but we did noticed that we got a little ahead of ourselves on the intercooler and forgot to tighten down the hose clamps from the tubo and the engine...so we took off the intercooler and the heat sheild, but we can't tell anything thats broken or leaking from the top, but there is for sure a leak on the bottom somewhere....

and so thats where i stand now, i'm sure it's a long shot that it may be an easy fix, and if it's not, then i'll get it towed to the dealership.

thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hows the condition of the hard line for the oil feed that goes to the top of the turbo. Possibly you bent it when lifting up on the turbo and cracked it.

I would inspect that. Also make sure you didnt break any connections with the sensor in your intake. Thats a MAF sensor and is a very crucial part that needs to be in working condition or your car will not run right.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.