MAF sensor!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on MAF sensor!!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i finally got in the MAF sensor in that i accidently threw away about 8 months ago. well i put ...

MAF sensor!!!!!

i finally got in the MAF sensor in that i accidently threw away about 8 months ago. well i put it on the piping and got everything connected and started the car and it sputtered like crazy and died. i did it acouple times and it kept doing it. i disconnected it and started the car and it started. im verry very confused.. what the hell is up
    2006 STi
    412WHP--407WTQ tuned by Bobby @ PRE in Portland

2005 R1 10.26 @ 129.4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you put it in backwards?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

what do you mean???? there is only one way it can be placed on the piping. should i flip the way i put the piping and the way it is facing
    2006 STi
    412WHP--407WTQ tuned by Bobby @ PRE in Portland

2005 R1 10.26 @ 129.4

"threw away" ?

Quote Originally Posted by speed13a View Post
    i finally got in the MAF sensor in that i accidently threw away about 8 months ago. well i put it on the piping and got everything connected and started the car and it sputtered like crazy and died. i did it acouple times and it kept doing it. i disconnected it and started the car and it started. im verry very confused.. what the hell is up
    speed13a, when you say you "accidentally threw away" - what are you implying here ? you actually unscrewed it and threw it in the bin ? ?

just a bit confused as to why you would throw it away>?

DUB
    So you have been running your car for 8 months with out a MAF sensor?

It is very possible to drive a car w/o an MAF... I did in my 01 Jetta TDi for about 6-9 months. Worked better than a broken MAF...

And you may have more problems than you think...

You may want to go into what has been done to the car, and why the MAF was removed in the first place. We may be able to help better if we have a little bit more background as to what is going on...
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Winston Churchill

Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler.

I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.
    - W.C. Fields

i had the same problem when i put my intake on. there is no doubt that the MAF is in bacwards, i know it looks like it only fits one way, but this is not true. i found out the hard way, flip it around and let us know what happens. if it is still bein spuutery, it could be that your ECU has learned to not even take a reading from the MAF harness. this is bad, you will get increasingly worse valve overlap, and timing issues, i suggest you put in the new MAF. the other way and just continue to run the car. disconnect the battery and touch the cables together to clear the computer too.

how did you "accidentally" throw it away, and why did it take 8 months to get a new one? the car will run without it, but you are opening all new doors to new damages
    04' WRB wagon stage 2
    wagon Mafia #1 Where my wagons at?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.