weird buzzing noise?

This is a discussion on weird buzzing noise? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok so me and my friends were driving home tonight and we were flying down a street (120mph) and i ...

weird buzzing noise?

ok so me and my friends were driving home tonight and we were flying down a street (120mph) and i had the radio on...but didnt notice it turn off until i pulled up to my house...when i engaged the parking break i heard a buzzin noise that sounded like it was coming from my dash area and all the sudden my radio turned back on (i didnt even notice it was off until it turned back on lol)

so my question is does an 02 wrx have something that turns off uneccassary power when you floor it? (i also didnt have the ac on so i dont know if that would have turned off as well) the only thing i find odd is that it didnt happen sooner...because we were flying down the road...then we pulled into my hood and it has another long road about a mile long which we just cruised down.

on top of that i stopped at a stop sign and talked to my friend for 1-2 minutes before actually getting home

oh and just so you know i did install a new exhaust today...dont know if it would make a difference but just throwin it out there.
    Last edited by WRX_Karl; 07-16-2008 at 11:49 PM.