HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!Need good mechanic in OC area SOCAL

This is a discussion on HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!Need good mechanic in OC area SOCAL within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My 02 WRX wagon was misfiring in cylinder 1 and 4, and then 3. I don't have any mod on ...

Unhappy HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!Need good mechanic in OC area SOCAL

My 02 WRX wagon was misfiring in cylinder 1 and 4, and then 3. I don't have any mod on the car. It doesn't matter hot or cold, low or high RPM, it'll misfire. I change all four coil packs and all four spark plugs, but it still misfire.

I also have a boost leak problem, I tested the engine, but I couldn't find any leak or hiss in my car. It was only holding 3 pound of boost, so I finally decided to take it to my mechanic, but he couldn't find anything either and only got it up to about 9 pound. I then decided to take it to the local Subaru dealership in Costa Mesa, they couldn't find the leak either, but got it up to 10.9 pound. They also look into my misfiring problem, they'd change my MAF sensor thinking that it cause my misfiring. I took the car home Saturday, and Monday morning while driving to work the car misfire. The boost leak and the misfiring are still there. I decided to do a compression test on my car yesterday, 3 of my cylinder shown 150 psi, 1 cylinder only hold 139 psi.

I want to change the head gaskets and take care of the boost leak, but I can't do either of it myself. I need a better mechanic to take care of my car. Any one out there in the OC that have a good mechanic, please recommend him to me. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by thundersquid View Post
    My 02 WRX wagon was misfiring in cylinder 1 and 4, and then 3. I don't have any mod on the car. It doesn't matter hot or cold, low or high RPM, it'll misfire. I change all four coil packs and all four spark plugs, but it still misfire.
    If the car has not been modified check all vacuum/boost hoses again and check the hose to the fuel pressure regulator too. Clean your MAF. Check the air box.

I want to change the head gaskets
    Why?

I need a better mechanic to take care of my car.
    Dealers may not be brilliant or thrifty but they are generally competent. However, consider:
    Mitsubishi Subaru Auto repair and car service at Rally Sport Engineering Costa Mesa, Orange County California
    as another opinion.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    If the car has not been modified check all vacuum/boost hoses again and check the hose to the fuel pressure regulator too. Clean your MAF. Check the air box.

Why?

Dealers may not be brilliant or thrifty but they are generally competent. However, consider:
    Mitsubishi Subaru Auto repair and car service at Rally Sport Engineering Costa Mesa, Orange County California
    as another opinion.
    The compression test fail on one of my cylinder, my other 3 cylinder is at 150 psi, while that particular one is at 139 psi. I had also found some air leaking out of the crack between the head and the block near the cynlinder that had shown only 139psi.

I have also check the hoose since the last post and found a rubber hose leading from the intake tube to a sensor located on the passenger side of the engine bay. The tube was harden by the heat coming from the engine and crack. I used a spare hose I found in my garage to repalce it, but I think I should get the proper hose from the dealer for it. Since then the car haven't misfire, and I haven't notice any "boost leak". My RPM tac is steady and haven't jump after 3000 RPM and I haven't notice any loss of power. Well I been very cautious lately to take it up above 4000 RPM. So I'm not really sure if that was the problem.

The mechanic that I took my car to was RALLY SPORT ENGINEERING, Paul had it for a couple of days, but was unable to determine any thing. That when I decided to take it to the dealership.

Please give me the phone number and address for that other place Mitsubishi Subaru Auto Repair, or is that the same as Rally Sport Engineering? If it is the same, do you have any other recommendation, I would appreciate it very much.

I Support ClubWRX
    It's the same place, they do Subaru, Mitsu, and Hyundai. No other recommendation, sorry.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Unhappy

[/QUOTE]I have also check the hoose since the last post and found a rubber hose leading from the intake tube to a sensor located on the passenger side of the engine bay. The tube was harden by the heat coming from the engine and crack. I used a spare hose I found in my garage to repalce it, but I think I should get the proper hose from the dealer for it. Since then the car haven't misfire, and I haven't notice any "boost leak". My RPM tac is steady and haven't jump after 3000 RPM and I haven't notice any loss of power. Well I been very cautious lately to take it up above 4000 RPM. So I'm not really sure if that was the problem.[/QUOTE]

I was on my way to work this morning and the car act up again, it didn't misfire, but there was boost leak. I felt a tremendous lost of power. The needle jump from 2500 RPM to 5000 RPM and then drop back down to 3500RPM. It did that on 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear. I been been looking at my engine from left to right and right to left but couldn't find any thing. I'm extremely desperate. I need some help bad. This is an SOS, HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Any body......I'm about to give up on Subaru.