white smoke from engine bay

This is a discussion on white smoke from engine bay within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I own a 2003 wrx, pretty much stock. While driving home from work today i noticed mild white smoke coming ...

white smoke from engine bay

I own a 2003 wrx, pretty much stock. While driving home from work today i noticed mild white smoke coming from the hood scoop when i stopped at traffic lights. No gauges were on and my temp was fine. When i got home i immediatly checked the oil and coolant levels which were also fine. I never smelled any burning or anything but it kinda freaked me out. There was a little washer fluid on the side of the tank so that might have been burning off on the intercooler or something. I don't really race or anything, just drive fast from time to time like anyone with a turbo Suby. Just figured I would see if that was a sign of anything i should be aware of as i've only owned the car about 4 months. Thanks.

-Ryan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

just make sure there isnt any wires or hoses touching or on the exhaust and or turbo exhuast it could be just that lil bit of coolant but cheak for any and all wires.