Need help: Misfire!!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need help: Misfire!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well the car is not feeling well right now. It is misfiring really bad. Im not sure if its from ...

Need help: Misfire!!!!

Well the car is not feeling well right now. It is misfiring really bad. Im not sure if its from more than one cylinder or not yet. but i have a 02 m/t wrx. i have a aem typhoon intake, hks catless dp, gutted up, 3" cbe, and xpt stage 2 93 oct map. the car has been running great till last fri. check engine light came on and started flashing when i started driving and i could feel that i had a cylinder not firing. i thought it might be a bad plug even tho i put in new ngk iridiums in last fall. i thought it might be the plug closest to the turbo since the heat shield is not on (bolts broke during removal for the dp, rusted pretty bad). so i bought one plug so i could try just replacing that one, well i did and it didnt fix the problem, so i checked the next one on that side of the engine and found that one loose, i removed it with just my fingers, no ratchet required, that one looked like it bad a little heat damage so i put in a good plug tightened really good and it is still misfiring. i am gonna go get the computer scanned but does anyone have ANY ideas. i hope i dont have a bad injector as i just got married am totally broke. thx.

ill post the codes after i find what they are.
    2006 Aspen White WRX STI (320whp/390wtq - Molested by Drunkmann Tuning)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if its not the injectors it can only be the coil packs or plugs.

well i went to auto zone and had the ecu scanned and it showed a misfire in number 2 cylinder. so i bought a new plug for that one to see if that would fix it and if not i was gonna order a new coilpack. well i get home and pull the battery to get to the plug. after i unbolt the pack from the block and pull it out of the engine the plug just falls off the pack. the damn thing had just come unplugged. man was i pissed when i saw that, then i was relieved since i dont have to buy a $100 part. so i look to see why the plug came off. the clip on the pack that holds the plug on (where they clip together) broke off. not sure how but it did. so the car is running fine now but i need to figure out a way to get the two pieces to hold together well. but at least it is not a serious problem. eventually i will get a new pack but in the meantime i need to find a way to secure the plug to the pack.
    2006 Aspen White WRX STI (320whp/390wtq - Molested by Drunkmann Tuning)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.