Turbo rattle? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Turbo rattle? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; It really depends on what you are looking for & how & where you like to drive. They are supposed ...

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It really depends on what you are looking for & how & where you like to drive. They are supposed to be excellent turbos and are very popular for good spool (not as good as stock of course though) and a good bump in power (not as good as the top end on a bigger slower spooling turbo though). You should look at deadbolt's site, I here they are really good to work with. I'd give them a call at this point personally. Also call your dealer back and ask them what screens - they should tell you since you paid for the diagnosis. I'd like to know now.

Turbo FAQ: Read if you are thinking of upgrading! - NASIOC

Information about all VF Turbos
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Would i be able to run that 16g with just new injectors or would i run poorly? I checked Cobb's site for maps, and it calls for 91 octane and i can get 93 never mind the other 50 parts i need to run that map.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by FCPremixx View Post
    Would i be able to run that 16g with just new injectors or would i run poorly? I checked Cobb's site for maps, and it calls for 91 octane and i can get 93 never mind the other 50 parts i need to run that map.
    93 octane will just run safer on the map, less chance of detonation.

I actually wasn't aware that the map notes don't specify a fuel pump. Everything I have heard says you need one. I think you may be pushing your budget a bit at this point though because of the need for the TMIC as well. Also, you are going to be getting into territory where your tranny may break. It shouldn't happen if you are careful, but it would be time to be prepared for a swap if needed.

You should maybe consider this. It should be a very nice improvement in spool and midrange, and may even be the best choice for you depending on what you do with your car. You would not need injectors or fuel pump IIRC, although a used TMIC from an STi would be good eventually. This way you could also get a good tune, not an OTS map.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.