Seafoamage but where?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Seafoamage but where? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so ive added seafoam to my tank but i really wanna get it in all the cylinders for that smoke ...

Seafoamage but where?

so ive added seafoam to my tank but i really wanna get it in all the cylinders for that smoke storm. My rex has 64K on it so im hoping there will be a bunch of gunk.

My question is where can i best feed it into the intake? I was told to suck it up through the BPV line? I have a boost gauge taped into the BPV so do you think i could just yank that hose out and let the vac suck it in?

And what about adding it to the crankcase? Do you really need to change the oil after?

Thanks for reading (Pics would really help if possible)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Image of Engine cleaner - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Just take that hose off and suck the seafoam up into it.
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

just curious, I own a NA 03 legacy... where is the best place to do it on a non turbo car?

okay...use the vacuum line attached to the brake booster. that is the easiest one to use.

Most people suck in the sea foam until the engine stops...i prefer to suck up the sea foam and rev up the car so it doesn't die. you will definitely get a smoke show. i could not see my neighbors house it was so smoky!

IMO this is the best method:
    1 bottle goes into a 3/4-Full tank of gas.
    When you get down to about the last 1/4 tank or so, or within about 100-150 miles left in the tank, put half a bottle in your crankcase.
    Go ahead and refill your tank and get new oil/oil filter/air filter/whatever. Use the other half you have saved, or even a whole new bottle to suck up into your engine using the vacuum line. This will clean out all the carbon, you can even smell it burning off. If you don't see much smoke, you have a pretty clean engine..if you see a lot...then you need to keep fogging out your neighbors until it is a little clearer.

Your car will probably feel amazing after this. to answer your question, Yes, you will need to change your oil because it is going to be extremely dirty/thin with all the sea foaming you just used

Good luck!!! any specific questions about it, shoot me a PM

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrvr View Post
    Image of Engine cleaner - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Just take that hose off and suck the seafoam up into it.
    Wouldn't that seafoam your boost gauge, if you have one?

if you put it down where the brake booster is attached, then the seafoam will only go to one cylinder.
    if you use the bpv hose then you might get an even distribution, but the design of the intake manifold looks like it will only allow the seafoam to enter only 2 cylinders. a spot that i tried was where the vacuum hose attaches to the front side of the inatke manifold
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    Wouldn't that seafoam your boost gauge, if you have one?
    The boost gauge would not be attached while that hose is used as you would take the "T" off too. And suck up the seafoam into the hose as shown.
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy View Post
    if you put it down where the brake booster is attached, then the seafoam will only go to one cylinder.
    if you use the bpv hose then you might get an even distribution, but the design of the intake manifold looks like it will only allow the seafoam to enter only 2 cylinders. a spot that i tried was where the vacuum hose attaches to the front side of the inatke manifold
    hmm...didn't even think of that

ok so which vaccum line should I use on my NA engine to feed all the cylinders?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.