check engine light

This is a discussion on check engine light within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have a '02 wrx sedan. the check engine light keeps coming on the code is (P0171 too lean on ...

check engine light

i have a '02 wrx sedan. the check engine light keeps coming on the code is (P0171 too lean on bank 1). i have change both o2 sencers. then took it too the mechanic he check it out and told me it had some thing to do with the gas. but every thing check out good. has any body else had this problem. the car sometimes runs good. then sometimes it runs slower.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Search using the term "PO171" and many threads will appear with previously posted info. Example:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/genera...-bank-1-a.html
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.