Misfire/misfire/misfire/misfire

This is a discussion on Misfire/misfire/misfire/misfire within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay, i'm sure these problems go hand in hand. Here are my CEL's P0300 P0301 P0302 P0303 P0304 Aka misfires ...

Misfire/misfire/misfire/misfire

Okay, i'm sure these problems go hand in hand.

Here are my CEL's
    P0300
    P0301
    P0302
    P0303
    P0304

Aka misfires on all cylinders.
    However, the car does not have a strange idle and it does not appear to be misfiring at all. The code would occasionally come and go by itself.

It started doing this after I installed new plugs a while back. I believe I used Autolites. They were gapped at .29

Now, I am going to get NGKs, but which ones?

Currently running cobb stage 2 w/ a DP

Also, this is the second half which is probably related to the first part. When I push the throttle, the RPMs hesitate/stutter/pause at 1500rpm.

What's the deal1?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What year WRX, and m/t or a/t? A majority of misfires are ignition related. Most ignition related misfires come out when A) The coil is hot B) The engine is under a good sized load. This being said, with all misfire codes you most likely put the wrong plugs in there. If it isn't the plugs than your problem is more than likely not ignition related. Let me know what year (simply so I know if its drive by wire or not) and trans layout and we can go from there.
    2002 SRP wrx mt sedan
    AP v2.0 stg 2

2002 WRX Wagon

Manual Tranny

Yeah, I'm sure the plugs are just screwy.

What plugs are you supposed to run once you start modding? I've heard the step colder stuff, but would I be alright with just the stock NGK's?

Quote Originally Posted by TrackReady View Post
    What year WRX, and m/t or a/t? A majority of misfires are ignition related. Most ignition related misfires come out when A) The coil is hot B) The engine is under a good sized load. This being said, with all misfire codes you most likely put the wrong plugs in there. If it isn't the plugs than your problem is more than likely not ignition related. Let me know what year (simply so I know if its drive by wire or not) and trans layout and we can go from there.

I also have a 9.5 lb LWFW, but my CELs were going off before that.

hey this might a little off topic but I think it might be my clutch I got a code PO377 it was a friends accessport though and we didn't have the book, you guys know what that could be?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nelson View Post
    I also have a 9.5 lb LWFW, but my CELs were going off before that.
    Because of that flywheel you will still have those DTC's regardless of it's the plugs or not.No need to go 1 step colder unless you are running high boost on the stock turbo or have upgraded your turbo.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S