rough idle w/ 4000rpm redline
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on rough idle w/ 4000rpm redline within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey so i have a 2002 WRX -BPM turbo back exhaust -recirculation BOV -lightweight pully -full cold air including 3 ...

rough idle w/ 4000rpm redline

Hey so i have a 2002 WRX
    -BPM turbo back exhaust
    -recirculation BOV
    -lightweight pully
    -full cold air including 3 inch inlet pipe
    -port and polished intake manifold and heads

I am having such a hard time diagnosin the problem i am having, at cold start up its knocking like a son of a gun but once it warms up its fine.
    I have a CEl and the code is P1507 which is a idle control malfunction.
    at idle it is very unstable reving from like 1000 to 2500 at a stop and had a huge power loss. in first and second gear it feels like it cuts off and hits the rev limiter at about 4200rpm and just feels absolutley gutless.
    When i take off from a start the car seems to have a slight hesitation for a split second before it finally actualy starts making power.
    I have taken the IACv off a coiuple times and cleaned it out but it doesnt seem to have any effect.
    I am pretty sure the car is in limp mode becvasue when i clear the code for the little time it stays off the idle sounds correct and it feels better.
    as of right now i have no EM but i plan on getting a pro-tune thois coming week and am hoping it removes the car out of limp mode and i can finally feel the power of the car. if anyone has any ideas what i could try to fix it just let me know.

I rfeally dont know how much this will affect the car but my clutch is starting to go out and was wondering if it was possible that this will not direct the power to the wheels as well making it feel weak and slow.
    Last edited by Bobby5448; 07-06-2008 at 12:33 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

CHECK ALL UR VACUUM LINES!!!!!!!!!! coming from ur turbo off ur turbo, off ur intercooler,
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.