Punch gas to floor, revs up to around 4 rpm then drops to lower rpm...

This is a discussion on Punch gas to floor, revs up to around 4 rpm then drops to lower rpm... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, I'm new to posting on the forums and have searched around and haven't found anything that sounds like ...

Punch gas to floor, revs up to around 4 rpm then drops to lower rpm...

Hey all, I'm new to posting on the forums and have searched around and haven't found anything that sounds like my issue. Basically when I step on it, the car goes up to around 4k rpm, then shutters a little and goes back down to about 2.5k rpm and continues to increase in speed. If you have heard of this or may know what is going on I would appreciate any advice or ideas. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by niterider View Post
    Hey all, I'm new to posting on the forums and have searched around and haven't found anything that sounds like my issue. Basically when I step on it, the car goes up to around 4k rpm, then shutters a little and goes back down to about 2.5k rpm and continues to increase in speed. If you have heard of this or may know what is going on I would appreciate any advice or ideas. Thanks.
    sounds like ur clutch is slippn bad. time for a new, how many miles are on the clutch.
    Last edited by justin.jordan2; 07-05-2008 at 06:10 PM.
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

original clutch, i have 77k on the car. recently had the center differential replaced as well as some work on my 1st and 2nd gears. looks like i may be taking it back into the shop.

wait, so the rpms rise but the cars speed doesn't increase, or do the rpms rise appropriately with the speed like normal and then you have your issue. if its the first scenario you most likely need a new clutch.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

The rpms rise, then the car does a stuttering thing, and then the rpms lower down, this is all while the speed of the car continues to increase. instead of stepping on it having the boost kick in and a constant increase of the rpms i am having the rpms go up, then back down, and not really any effect from the turbo. however if i am above more than say 4k rpms and i step on it, the car seems to have a normal effect with the turbo. hope this helps.