Clutch
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Clutch within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My clutch has been slowly going out over the last few months and I am finally getting around to replacing ...

Clutch

My clutch has been slowly going out over the last few months and I am finally getting around to replacing it. I was wondering if anyone could help with where I could find a good factory replacement thats not going to cost me an arm and a leg?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by slammed95gt View Post
    My clutch has been slowly going out over the last few months and I am finally getting around to replacing it. I was wondering if anyone could help with where I could find a good factory replacement thats not going to cost me an arm and a leg?
    this is where I got my clutch/flywheel when i was in dire need, they're very helpful as well and will give you the part number that you need exactly if you're not sure
    https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/oe_parts_cat.html

unless you buy a new flywheel, you will need to resurface your old one

also, i bought an exedy OEM style clutch and 9.5lb Fidanza Flywheel, in total it cost me about $275, i'll try to find the link to the clutch

You might not want to get a 9.5 lb flywheel. If you don't mind possibly getting CEL's for false misfire codes a lightweight flywheel is a good upgrade.
    2002 SRP wrx mt sedan
    AP v2.0 stg 2

Quote Originally Posted by TrackReady View Post
    You might not want to get a 9.5 lb flywheel. If you don't mind possibly getting CEL's for false misfire codes a lightweight flywheel is a good upgrade.
    If you cruise back to this link in my misfire/misfire/misfire thread....I have the 9.5lb flywheel....http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/genera...ml#post2313376
    Last edited by Mike Nelson; 07-06-2008 at 08:08 PM. Reason: laaaa

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.