Clutch

This is a discussion on Clutch within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My clutch has been slowly going out over the last few months and I am finally getting around to replacing ...

Clutch

My clutch has been slowly going out over the last few months and I am finally getting around to replacing it. I was wondering if anyone could help with where I could find a good factory replacement thats not going to cost me an arm and a leg?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by slammed95gt View Post
    My clutch has been slowly going out over the last few months and I am finally getting around to replacing it. I was wondering if anyone could help with where I could find a good factory replacement thats not going to cost me an arm and a leg?
    this is where I got my clutch/flywheel when i was in dire need, they're very helpful as well and will give you the part number that you need exactly if you're not sure
    https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/oe_parts_cat.html

unless you buy a new flywheel, you will need to resurface your old one

also, i bought an exedy OEM style clutch and 9.5lb Fidanza Flywheel, in total it cost me about $275, i'll try to find the link to the clutch

You might not want to get a 9.5 lb flywheel. If you don't mind possibly getting CEL's for false misfire codes a lightweight flywheel is a good upgrade.
    2002 SRP wrx mt sedan
    AP v2.0 stg 2

Quote Originally Posted by TrackReady View Post
    You might not want to get a 9.5 lb flywheel. If you don't mind possibly getting CEL's for false misfire codes a lightweight flywheel is a good upgrade.
    If you cruise back to this link in my misfire/misfire/misfire thread....I have the 9.5lb flywheel....http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/genera...ml#post2313376
    Last edited by Mike Nelson; 07-06-2008 at 07:08 PM. Reason: laaaa