how much boost?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on how much boost? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well just wondering what i can turn my boost up to on my 07 wrx with the factory turbo...

how much boost?

Well just wondering what i can turn my boost up to on my 07 wrx with the factory turbo

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by slvtrplmr View Post
    Well just wondering what i can turn my boost up to on my 07 wrx with the factory turbo
    whatever you like
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

have you ever tuned a car before? if no that leave the boost at the stop psi. or get the cobb accessport or get an opensource tune by a tuner shop. do a lot of research before you start turning up ur boost, even if you have the supporting mods.
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

that cobb access port is pretty expensive thought, there any other cheaper versions?

oh, and read the links in my sig

Quote Originally Posted by slvtrplmr View Post
    that cobb access port is pretty expensive thought, there any other cheaper versions?
    RomRaider - Open Source ECU Tools | RomRaider / Rom Raider

Yes, you can go the open source route. But I highly suggest you think about this. If you can't justify spending less than a grand on engine management - are you sure you want to start messing with your car? Granted, stage one and stage two are honestly pretty safe for the most part - but you'll still be hitting the engine and driveline harder than you likely would if the car was stock.

Choose wisely.

I recommend doing A TON of reading before you start modding. Meet other local WRX owners in your area and see what their experiences have been.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.