boost guage question

This is a discussion on boost guage question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought a boost gauge from the local subie dealer for my 02 wrx. They were out of the ...

boost guage question

I just bought a boost gauge from the local subie dealer for my 02 wrx. They were out of the one for the wrx but said the sti gauge would still work. Then I noticed that the gauge for the wrx has a different part number than the one for the sti. Now I'm sorta nervous that they're different somehow and I dont want to get in the middle of the job and find out that it wont work with my car. Is the hose that you have to connect the three way joint to a different size on the sti than on the wrx and is the turbo gauge for the sti really different or will it work with my car? Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It will work. All connections are identical.
    '03 Black 5-speed, local tune (18 PSI), APS TBE

You know, im surprised nobody has ever brought this up before. I have always wondered why the wrx and sti have different part numbers for the OEM optional boost gauge. My only guess is that back when the '04 Sti came configured without a radio and in turn no harness....the boost gauge maybe had different illumination connections on it that were supposed to go elsewhere? The boost gauge installation instructions tell you to mate it up to the radio harness...but without it there maybe it required a different wire config on the gauge. Doesn't really make sense but, meh.
    Last edited by lordcon; 07-05-2008 at 11:55 AM.

where would i find the stock oem dash light bulbs mine went out. the oem green will be fine for me.
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Mine out of the box was a white colored illum. I have since went with Auto meter. I'd rather read PSI Vs. bars.. If you are looking for green you will need a gel cap over the bulb, or a colored bulb...
    '03 Black 5-speed, local tune (18 PSI), APS TBE

yeah this was the only question i couldnt find an answer for on hear or nasioc or scoobymods no matter how much searching i did. i ended up returning it and buying the one for the wrx. i installed it myself a couple of days ago and it works perfect. thanks for the help anyways guys.
    and to the poster who is looking for interior dash lights i'd say your best bet is radio shack or radioshack.com. i had a couple of lights go out in my dash and the stealership wanted an obscene amount of money to fix it so i searched and found a diy on here somewhere that tells what bulbs to buy and how to put them in as well.