Temporary white smoke
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Temporary white smoke within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So here I go. Have 2K4 WRX. Drove it around a little this morning and no problems. Went to go ...

Temporary white smoke

So here I go. Have 2K4 WRX. Drove it around a little this morning and no problems. Went to go to the store, started it up and started to back up and white smoke came out of the exhaust. None at idle just when reving up. Checked the oil and was about 3/4 qt. low. Added oil. Checked coolant res. and saw nothing unusual. Drove it a few blocks, revved it up a few times and alas no smoke. Hooked up COBB AP to see where the boost was at. Displayed a high of 13. Normally 14.5-14.7. And no longer sounds like a banshee when spooling up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No one responded but found something out

So got my 2K4 WRX in to the shop to see if the white smoke was from failed turbo, blown head gasket, or bad cylinder. After a few nail biting hours later I called and asked for the verdict. None of that was found! Everything was in excellent working order! It was suggested that it was built up condensation in the exhaust. That made since because it was very hot and humid that day then cooled down quite a bit. And the smoke had no sweet or acrid smell. Just smoke that went away. Hope this may help anyone else that experiences this but always get it checked out.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.