Strut tower bar fitment
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Strut tower bar fitment within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought a Tien front strut bar for my '02 WRX. The packaging for the strut bar says it ...

Strut tower bar fitment

I just bought a Tien front strut bar for my '02 WRX. The packaging for the strut bar says it is for an 02+ Impreza. My problem is i couldnt for the life of me get the strut bar to fit in my car. It doesnt make sense to me that there would be a difference, but should a strut bar for a base impreza fit on a WRX? Its not the intercooler that is getting in the way, its the plastic piece between the windshield and the hood thats in the way it seems. The mounts for the strut bar fit perfectly onto my strut tower, but i cant even torque the bar into place between the two mounts, unless there is supposed to be massive amount of torsion on it when its mounted. The only thing i can think of, if the same bar should mount on a wrx or a base impreza regardless, is that at some point before i owned my car, it was wrecked and that readjusted the strut towers several inches? So im confused, any insight or help is appreciated. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't know for sure but here are a couple things that I would try

**DISCLAIMER**

I am in no way saying this will 100% work.

1. Try jacking the front of your car prior to installing the brace. The car may have been in an accident that altered the static geometry of the front suspension. Jacking the front of the car may releive some of the torsion on the frame allowing you to install the bar.

2. Call the TEIN and ask if there is a difference in the RS and WRX bars. I would think that there would be some sort of difference due to the TMIC, however from a structural standpoint the strut towers should be located in the EXACT SAME SPOT on both cars as they are built on the same chassis.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Winston Churchill

Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler.

I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.
    - W.C. Fields

Pictures would help to show what problem you're having. Most front strut tower braces for the WRX seem to require some bending of the AC lines, if that's what you're running into.

my freind ran into the same problem assuming i am understanding yours, he trued fitting a strutbar in his 06 impreza, the way we got it to fit was take a small block of wood and hit it with a hammer to give the bar clearance. this works 100% unless you care of the slight banging

i banged mine in on my sti
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.