Question about quick acceleration
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Question about quick acceleration within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i've noticed that usually between 2k and 3k rpm while steppin on the gas hard makes my car hesitate ...

Question about quick acceleration

So i've noticed that usually between 2k and 3k rpm while steppin on the gas hard makes my car hesitate a bit. Now i'm not sure if this is a normal thing or what. By the way I have an 07 wrx with the EBAY CBE and carbon fiber hood. I think I remember reading something a while back that if I bought Cobb's AP that it would smooth it right out but not too sure if it's true.

Does anyone else have this issue?
    07 WRX with JDM SRS Cat Back

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by VitWRXCT View Post
    So i've noticed that usually between 2k and 3k rpm while steppin on the gas hard makes my car hesitate a bit. Now i'm not sure if this is a normal thing or what. By the way I have an 07 wrx with the EBAY CBE and carbon fiber hood. I think I remember reading something a while back that if I bought Cobb's AP that it would smooth it right out but not too sure if it's true.

Does anyone else have this issue?
    YES this is true!!!! my car did the exact same thing but dont be hard on ur car tell you get it tuned. by either buying the cobb easy simple way. or by doing the taxtric cable. tuning either way you will be stage 2 once you get a tune and the downpipe. do you have the uppipe?
    Last edited by justin.jordan2; 06-26-2008 at 11:55 AM.
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

DUB
    Um....CBE + CF hood does not equal Stage 2.

Depending on what gear you are in, it sounds like you may be describing the split second that it takes the turbo to spool before you enter boost. You can modify your engine to decrease this time.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by justin.jordan2
    YES this is true!!!! my car did the exact same thing but dont be hard on ur car tell you get it tuned. by either buying the cobb easy simple way. or by doing the taxtric cable. tuning either way you will be stage 1 once you get a tune. do you have the uppipe
    Fixed
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

yep. another member on here, boardinshorty81, is stage 2 with the cobb AP. When i rode in his car after he went stock>stage 1 and also stage1>stage2, i could feel the difference in acceleration. AP is a great tool. But i think its kind of limiting. Protune is a different story though.

If they would have made one for my car, i would have it.

Quote Originally Posted by sbzenth View Post
    yep. another member on here, boardinshorty81, is stage 2 with the cobb AP. When i rode in his car after he went stock>stage 1 and also stage1>stage2, i could feel the difference in acceleration. AP is a great tool. But i think its kind of limiting. Protune is a different story though.

If they would have made one for my car, i would have it.
    is that ur 350z? if so cobb makes an accessport for your car...
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Quote Originally Posted by justin.jordan2 View Post
    is that ur 350z? if so cobb makes an accessport for your car...
    yeah its my 350z. Its an 07, and cobb only released it for 06 and earlier

But now its fully tuned. So no matter lol.

yeah its my 350z. Its an 07, and cobb only released it for 06 and earlier

But now its fully tuned. So no matter lol.
    OH thats cool that you got it tuned now how much wheel hp you running now

OH thats cool that you got it tuned now how much wheel hp you running now
    The car is currently in the shop on the dyno right now. It is still being fine tuned. It was a ECU reflash + Tune. We are estimating around 315 rwhp.
    Last edited by sbzenth; 06-26-2008 at 12:58 PM.

The car is currently in the shop on the dyno right now. It is still being fine tuned. It was a ECU reflash + Tune. We are estimating around 315 rwhp.
    nice numbers

nice numbers
    Thank you

Thats my generous estimate though. I just want to break 300. Thats all I care about. I am going NO2 soon anyway.
    07 Magnetic Black 350Z | AAM 3" Ti Single Exhaust | AAM Y-Pipe | AAM Test Pipes | AAM n/a Tune | Stance GR+ True Coilovers | SPC Camber Kits | Falken FK452 | Rota P45R |

YES this is true!!!! my car did the exact same thing but dont be hard on ur car tell you get it tuned. by either buying the cobb easy simple way. or by doing the taxtric cable. tuning either way you will be stage 2 once you get a tune and the downpipe. do you have the uppipe?
    Yea thats what I figured. No uppipe or downpipe just CBE. Im not normally hard on my car, never really go past 5k RPM so just wondering why it would be doing this. At some point ill get myself an AP and downpipe so I can flast stage 2, thats probably my ultimate goal unless I get greedy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    Um....CBE + CF hood does not equal Stage 2.

Depending on what gear you are in, it sounds like you may be describing the split second that it takes the turbo to spool before you enter boost. You can modify your engine to decrease this time.
    Haha no im aware of what stage 2 is, just lettin you guys know what i've done to the car so far.

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by VitWRXCT View Post
    Haha no im aware of what stage 2 is, just lettin you guys know what i've done to the car so far.
    I was talking to justin.jordan, sorry, I should have quoted him before his edit to make it more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    I was talking to justin.jordan, sorry, I should have quoted him before his edit to make it more clear.
    what you dont think i know what stage 2 is.? for the wrx

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.