Size of bolts holding on bypass valve?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Size of bolts holding on bypass valve? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So long story short, one of the holes in the IC is stripped a bit (bolt bites in but cant ...

Size of bolts holding on bypass valve?

So long story short, one of the holes in the IC is stripped a bit (bolt bites in but cant get it to the torque spec without going loose again) me being neurotic about stuff like that I am trying to figure out how to fix it (without buying a new IC) I was thinking of doing a thread repair but I can't find anywhere (on any suby forum) the part# or size of the particular bolt.

Furthermore -Is that a bad idea? Am I better off getting a stock IC or could this safely be done?

Heres a part diagram with the part I need circled I have narrowed down that the bolt is either A6087 or A70826 which are both listed as "Bolt" but as you can see there is no arrow pointing to which is which. Thanks for any help you can provide. (yes I searched here but I didn't find anything, sorry if this is a double post)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The P/N for the BPV mounting bolts at a Subaru dealer is 800608700 and they cost about $1.28 ea. If you order on a Tues or Thur they can have them in 3+ days, Subaru parts normally only order on Tues and Thur. Not sure if you could use a heli-coil, but that may be something to look into.

Hope I helped a little bit!
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Winston Churchill

Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler.

I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.
    - W.C. Fields

I Support ClubWRX
    it's M7 or M8 x 1.5 I do believe, like 20mm long??

At any rate, yes, you can heli-coil it for repairs. I recommend removing, so that all metal shavings can be removed, once you've fixed the threading.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

thanks I'll order a metric thread kit and see what I can do I assume you are speaking millimeters right rogan?

I Support ClubWRX
    M7 or M8 denotes metric
    Rogan o_0

Can't find any M7orM8 x1.5 - smallest x1.5 I found so far was M10. Although lots of M7orM8 x1.25.

Any idea where I can find the ones you mentioned?

I Support ClubWRX
    it may be a 1.25.. I can't remember exactly, and since I no longer have a tmic, i can't check it for you

take your bolt to the hardware store, and they can tell you size/pitch you need for it.
    Rogan o_0

M8x1.25 - Don't know about length but thats the exact size and the thread repair kit was easily located at Autozone - thanks for the help. Was easy as could be took an hour cuz it was a pain getting the IC in and out but other than that very straight forward.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.