What Grade engine Oil to use? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on What Grade engine Oil to use? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The W does officially stand for "Winter" to who ever cares... To the guy with 20 weight, I would honestly ...

The W does officially stand for "Winter" to who ever cares... To the guy with 20 weight, I would honestly cough up the money and switch to atleast a 30 weight. 20 weight becomes pretty thin when you are under full boost.... Your crank gets really loaded and likes to shear oil
    2002 SRP wrx mt sedan
    AP v2.0 stg 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TrackReady View Post
    The W does officially stand for "Winter" to who ever cares... To the guy with 20 weight, I would honestly cough up the money and switch to atleast a 30 weight. 20 weight becomes pretty thin when you are under full boost.... Your crank gets really loaded and likes to shear oil
    ok you are correct the W does stand for winter How to Read an Oil Can

and yes i am the guy who uses the 20 weight oil... cough up some more money lol ur a funny guy with a stage 2 car, who probably still uses mobil 1...dont go there lil fella i got more invested in 1 car than your car is worth brand spanking new

and so far with my 20 weight oil i have had no problems running over 500whp...
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post

and yes i am the guy who uses the 20 weight oil... cough up some more money lol ur a funny guy with a stage 2 car, who probably still uses mobil 1...dont go there lil fella i got more invested in 1 car than your car is worth brand spanking new

roffles

Ralphie... You have no clue what you're talking about! I use 80w 90 Gear Oil in my engine.. the higher the number the better!
    Last edited by Sinister; 07-01-2008 at 10:37 PM.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    roffles

Ralphie... You have no clue what you're talking about! I use 80w 90 Gear Oil in my transmission.. the higher the number the better!
    hey whats up B... good to see you back on here
    ahhh i use 75w-90.... yeah
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    lmao... i meant in my engine... not my tranny...

I'm rusty on the sarcasm bro
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    lmao... i meant in my engine... not my tranny...

I'm rusty on the sarcasm bro
    damb son what do you have like 4 extra heavy duty oil pumps in there ?
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    damb son what do you have like 4 extra heavy duty oil pumps in there ?
    naww dogg... just 3.. usin 2 off of a duramax and I couldn't find another one in the junk yard, so I'm usin a walbro 255 too...
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

I Support ClubWRX
    In all seriousness to the thread starter,

Make sure that the motor oil you get is GF-4.
    All motor oils have ratings, and right now the highest is GF-4. It has the best resiliency under high heat. I'm sure you already know, but high compression engines, and turbocharged engines produce more heat than your every day grocery getter, and since we have a turbocharged engine, SOA requires GF-4 on 06+ models and recommends it on all of their turbocharged models.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Dude what the hell is wrong with you? I was simply giving my advise. What the heck does comparing my car to your "money pit" prove, pretty stupid if you ask me. You don't know me, or what I own, or anything that would make that statement anything but stupid. Not that having a ton of money tied up in a car makes you somehow better or smarter anyways. Chill out, have fun when you have a spun bearing w/ 20 weight.
    Last edited by TrackReady; 07-02-2008 at 05:00 PM.
    2002 SRP wrx mt sedan
    AP v2.0 stg 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Dude what the hell is wrong with you? I was simply giving my advise. What the heck does comparing my car to your "money pit" prove, pretty stupid if you ask me. You don't know me, or what I own, or anything that would make that statement anything but stupid. Not that having a ton of money tied up in a car makes you somehow better or smarter anyways. Chill out, have fun when you have a spun bearing w/ 20 weight.
    I think the point he was making is that he's running 3 wrx's, and one of them is arguably the quickest street WRX, so telling the man to "cough up the money" by using 0w-20... it's a pretty ignorant statement. The guy isn't a newb by any means. Stay in your means bud.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Point is I said "cough up your money" was simply said meaning I would go switch to 30w now even if it was new oil... Not meaning that he wouldn't spend it. And really the point is he came back with a extremely aggressive post to something that I said with complete passiveness.
    2002 SRP wrx mt sedan
    AP v2.0 stg 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Point is I said "cough up your money" was simply said meaning I would go switch to 30w now even if it was new oil... Not meaning that he wouldn't spend it. And really the point is he came back with a extremely aggressive post to something that I said with complete passiveness.
    That sounds honest and reasonable.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.